The Wolf is a non-member land animal that was released on July 17, 2010. This animal is one of the six original animals that were at the beginning of Animal Jam, and as such is one of the default animals a New Jammer can choose from.
The Wolf has greyish blue fur with a grayish-white underside and small round eyes, as well as a darker royal-blue nose, maroon-pink ear-insides and lavender paw-pads. All wolves have a slouched back and a tall appearance, with sharp fangs. Wolves also appear to be very thin.
- Sit - The Wolf sits perfectly still facing one of four directions with its tail straight out flat and its bottom slightly off the ground.
- Dance - The Wolf dances in a style that resembles the Twist.
- Play - The Wolf throws back its head and howls towards the sky, leaning forward in the process.
- Hop - The Wolf jumps up and down repeatedly with its tail and head flinging up and down.
- Sleep - The Wolf sleeps stretched out flat on its side with its front paws tucked under its head and breathes heavily.
- They're related to the Arctic Wolf.
- The special plushies for the Wolf include a Chicken Hat, Antenna, and a Lightning Bolt added on the normal plushie.
- In Greely's Inferno, there is a cave which only Wolves can open, making it the fourth non-member animal with its own cave.
- They are one of the few animals to have a default appearance changed. In this case the flat ebony eyes were changed to the round eyes. Other animals that had their default appearance changed are Horses, Seals, and the other animals first seen during Beta Testing.
- In the original default form during Beta Testing, the Wolf had red eyes.
- It is one of the few animals, which includes the Arctic Wolf and the Tiger, that can go into the adventure, The Hidden Falls.
- They are the first canines released in Jamaa, with the second being the Fox.