The trading process requires two people: one person to select an item from another Jammer's trade list, and another to accept or decline the trade. The Jammer who selects an item from another Jammer's trading list can trade up to twenty items in order to get the one item from the other Jammer. Jammers can also decline another Jammers' trade offer if the items offered are not wanted. Lastly, Jammers have to select the items that they are willing to be traded.
- Before the trading system was introduced, the only way to exchange items between Jammers was by gifting through Jam-A-Grams.
- There is a party for trading, called the Trading Party. It is based on the Castle Den, and many Jammers trade there.
- A thought-bubble with the trading icon is displayed over the player's head to indicate that they are trading.
- Jammers that are reported for scamming may have their gifting and trading abilities disabled by an AJHQ moderator.
- In March 2015, the trading system was updated. If the player were to accept a trade, a box would pop up, asking the player if they are sure they want to accept. The player must then click on "Ok" to accept the trade. If the player were to trade a rare item or/and a diamond shop item, a box would pop up, asking the player if they are sure they want to trade their rare and/or diamond item(s). The player must then click on "Yes" to trade their rare and/or diamond item(s).
- There is a glitch when a player is able to move around with the trading bubble over their head. They, however, cannot request trades or receive trades if they have this glitch.
- On September 17, 2015, the trading system was updated so that a Jammer could request up to 20 items for an item.
- On January 7, 2016, the trading system was updated so that after a Jammer accepts a trade, they have to accept once more.
- On August 18, 2016, the trading system was updated to allow the trading of Pets.
- There is a glitch that displays an incorrect item count in the trade window and prevents the player from sending the trade request. This glitch is caused by clicking an empty trade slot to add an item and then closing the resulting inventory window without selecting an item.
- There is a glitch when adding Pets to a trade list with a full pet list: the bottom-most pets have incorrect icons where the pets appear too high.
- There was an exploitable glitch where a Jammer would have their previous trade attempt sent in the next completed request instead of the item that was requested. This happened when the player received a message stating that the other Jammer "no longer has that item" when attempting to trade that other Jammer; then when the other Jammer sent a trade request to the player and they accepted it, the player's items from their previous trade attempt would be sent to the other Jammer instead of the item that the other Jammer requested. This glitch has since been fixed.