The Phantom Portal is an adventure available to all Jammers. It was released on July 11, 2013, and the Hard difficulty mode was introduced on August 8, 2013. It was originally for members-only, but it was unlocked for all Jammers on September 12, 2013. It is a continuation of the Return of the Phantoms adventure and it is followed by the Meet Cosmo adventure.
- When the adventure starts, Liza will appear to start the journey, telling the player that they must clear the polluted river to water the Chomper Plants, which the Phantoms have withered.
- Then, the player must plug the Phantom Pipes, water the chomper plants, and trap 2-4 Phantoms.
- After talking to the trapped Monkeys, the player is asked to find four Phantom Keys to unlock the cages.
- When the monkeys are freed, the player(s) will have to hop on the Mira Emblem with them to open the Phantom Gate.
- There is a cavern behind the gate, where Liza will ask the player to find three Alpha Stones hidden across the cavern to seal the Phantom Portal, stop the Phantom King, and save Jamaa.
Rewards On Normal Mode
- Top left: Cave Crystals
- Top middle: Portal Crystal
- Top right: Explorer Crate
- Bottom left: 500 Gems
- Bottom right: Phantom Pipe
Rewards On Hard Mode
- Top left: Random
- Top middle: 1500 Gems
- Top right: Random
- Bottom left: 1000 Gems
- Bottom right: Random
Foxes Only Passage
This passage can only be opened by a Fox and it is located at the bottom-right side of the cave. The treasure chest at this passage can reward a variety of clothing items; some of the possible prizes are listed below:
Lions Only Passage (Hard Mode only)
This passage can only be opened by a Lion if the adventure is played under Hard difficulty. It is located behind the Foxes passage, meaning that a Fox must first unlock their passage before a Lion can access this passage. The only item obtainable from the lions only passage is the Slingshot.
- This adventure was originally only for Jammers with a purchased Membership, but it was made available to all Jammers on September 12, 2013.
- In the hard mode, there is a glitch that happens when the player goes down one slide. When this glitch happens, their avatar will teleport into the darkness and then move to where the glitch happens. This process is then repeated. The glitch appears on other Jammers' screens, but not usually on the person who is in the glitch. This glitch can also happen in Meet Cosmo.
- In both difficulty modes, there is a glitch where a Phantom Tube might disappear when it is plugged, but the exploding phantom goo will remain frozen in its place; this also happens in Meet Cosmo.
- This is the first appearance of Phantom Kings.
- There is a glitch where one of the Phantom Webs is unbreakable.
- This is also the first appearance of Phantom Webs.
- As the player inserts crystals into the portal, large Phantom arms begin to reach through the portal.
- There is a glitch that the phantom pipe does not disappear even when the cork is plugged in.
- There are also some Phantom pipes that may not accept the cork.
- In addition, the pipe's fountain of goo may not disappear after shooting into the air.
- This glitch can happen to all the adventure, when the phantom put you in a deep sleep, your animal is already sleeping while going to the respawn.
- There is a glitch where when freeing the monkey NPC "Charles", his eyes will disappear. Then, they will show up while he is running to the Mira Emblem, and once he starts jumping his goggles will finally appear.
|“||The Phantoms have opened a portal to Jamaa and have discovered how to wilt chomper plants! Find a way to revive the plants, and help Liza close the portal. Teamwork will help you through this Adventure.||„|
|~ Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide|