The Great Escape is an adventure that was added on October 24, 2013, with hard mode following on November 7, 2013. It is the fifth adventure available in the Adventure Base Camp and is an adventure only for member users. You can buy The Great Escape music in the Diamond Shop. On January 18, 2018, this adventure became available for all jammers.
- The first thing you have to do is talk to Cosmo. Cosmo will say that it is raining sludge, and he believes that it's coming from the volcano. Cosmo describes a tall tower nearby your starting location. He explains that the tower was built by the Alphas to defend Jamaa from the Phantoms. The Phantoms took over the tower and turned it into a dungeon. Cosmo tells you to get captured on purpose, to get inside the tower and free the trapped monkeys, and explore the tower and see what you can learn about the Phantoms' plans.
- When you're finished talking with him, proceed over the bridge, then dance, hop, and play to attract the Phantoms' attention.
- The phantoms will take you to a cell, you explore the cell, you will speak with one of the prisoners, he will say to look for a secret lever to open a tunnel. Now, take a torch and explore the secret tunnel.
- You will find Andy and talk to him; this adventure has many puzzles, use the rotating mirrors to direct the light to the crystals to open doors.
- Now, you will need to find the keys to free all of the monkeys, search for them. The monkeys will not help you until you find the lever to turn off the Phantom Watchers.
Tip: Be careful with the Phantom Watcher. It looks like a laser beam, and if its beam passes over you, it will put you in a deep sleep instantly.
- Hop on the Mira emblem with the monkeys, and explore the tower. The tower has seven levels, and you must go through all of them to reach the top.
- On the top, talk to Greely, he will become angry with you, say that this subject does not concern you, and if something bad happens, nobody will be around to help you. He is surprised you were able to escape the dungeon and reach the top of the tower.
- An earthquake will happen, you will see a cutscene showing a volcano in eruption.
- Greely will speak to you again, saying that volcanoes are the most powerful thing in nature. He also says, "Imagine having that POWER: NOBODY in Jamaa would be able to STOP you. Not a SINGLE soul", he will give you a parachute to you leave the tower and will tell you not to tell anyone what, or who you saw there. He warns: If you continue go in where you should not, you will end up in trouble one day.
- After that, play a minigame somewhat like Wind Rider and talk to Cosmo.
- Cosmo will say some things about the volcano and will be surprised when you tell him Greely was in the tower. He says the Alphas will need to sit down and talk to Greely about this, Greely is always interested about the Phantoms.
- After this, choose your Prize, exit the Portal and finish the adventure.
|Click Expand to view|
|Top Left||Phantom Cog|
|Top Middle||1,000 Gems|
|Top Right||Mira Emblem|
|Bottom Left||750 Gems|
|Bottom Right||Polluted Graham Statue|
|Click Expand to view|
|Top Left||1,000 Gems|
|Top Middle||Glowing Crystal|
|Top Right||1,500 Gems|
|Bottom Left||Rotating Mirror|
|Bottom Right||Phantom Watcher|
Prizes found in the Monkeys only gate located on the 6th floor of the tower in normal and hard mode include:
Prizes found in the Kangaroos-only gate in hard mode difficulty include:
|Candy Cane Tiara|
- There is a cell in the dungeon by the monkey named Monty where the player can see a room with lots of beta and rare items in it, such as Arctic Hoods, Fox Hats, and Founders' Hats. The player cannot reach this room, and when Monty is released and on his way to the Mira Emblem, he talks about how the rotten Phantoms put their rare items in a cell that can't be opened.
- This adventure has a cutscene.
- There is a secret lever in the cell of a monkey named Luke; it leads to a treasure chest with 200 gems.
- The tower has many statues of Graham, the Monkey Alpha. It also has many cogs, which indicates the tower may have been an idea of Graham's to protect Jamaa.
- The monkeys talk about Graham, the monkey alpha, yet he is not in this adventure.
- A part of the adventure is like the game Wind Rider.
- The parachute part of this adventure also contributes to Wind Rider achievements.
- The music from this adventure is on sale at the Diamond Shop for one Diamond.
- There is a glitch where you can go through the phantom watcher and not get put to sleep.
- There is a glitch where the video of the erupting volcano goes on endlessly, forcing the player to exit animal jam entirely and forfeit the prize.
|Click Expand to view|