The Claw is a mini-game that was originally found in Crystal Sands at Captain Melville's Juice Hut. It was first introduced sometime during Beta Testing, later appearing in the Animal Museum and the Theater Lobby in the Sarepia Theater. The Claw can also be found in many parties such as the Trading Party and the animal-specific parties. This mini-game can be played in dens using the Monthly Member Gift version and the Diamond Shop versions.
The player must pay 5 Gems before they can play a round of the game. First, the player must use their keyboard's arrow keys or click the yellow arrow buttons on the machine to move the claw left and right. Once the player finds a suitable location for the claw, they can drop it by pressing their keyboard's down arrow key or by clicking the large, red button on the machine. The claw then drops and closes; if the player has won a gift, they will hear a squeak and a gift box will appear hanging from the claw. The gift box is yellow with pink stripes (like any gift box) but it has question marks all over it also. Finally, if the player won, the prize will be revealed and the player has an option to "Keep" or "Discard" it.
In the original version of the claw, Jammers could win various den items such as:
Sometime around February 2011, the den item rewards were replaced with plushies. Additional plushie types were added to the possible rewards as they were introduced. The plushies that are currently awarded are as follows:
Monthly Member Gift Version
Released in August 2011 as one of the Monthly Member Gifts, this den version rewards the gifts that the standard plushie version offers, but it also rewards a Phantom Plushie that cannot be found anywhere else.
Trading Party Version
When the Trading Party was introduced in January 2012, it included a version of the claw machine that only rewards some clothing items. This seems to be the same version that was included in the trading-themed Jammer Party, which has an unmarked claw machine that can be clicked to play the game. The rewards in both cases seem to consist of the following items:
|Fancy Top Hat|
|Horned Leg Pads|
In many parties, there is a claw machine that only rewards a specific plushie. These parties are:
|Leap Year Party (2012 Only)||Lion Plushie|
|Wolves Only Party||Wolf Plushie|
|Bunnies Only Party||Bunny Plushie|
|Horses Only Party||Horse Plushie|
|Monkeys Only Party||Monkey Plushie|
Diamond Shop Version
The Diamond Shop had sold non-member claw machines until they were replaced by member claw machines with a new design, starting with The Arctic Wolf Claw. These are claws that only reward plushies of a specific animal. These claws currently include:
- It is one of the several mini-games to have a price (5 Gems) and a prize that is not Gems.
- The Trading Party version of this game costs 25 Gems to play it instead of the normal price of 5 Gems.
- There is a glitch where the Trading Party version, despite costing 25 Gems to play, will display the message "You Must Have 5 Gems to Play" if the player has less than 25 Gems.
- The plushie version of the claw provides an estimated 27% chance of getting a common plushie, 4% chance of getting a special plushie that includes an accessory, and 69% chance of not getting anything.
- In an update on November 19, 2015, a glitch occurred where all claw machines appeared to only contain white Elephant Plushies. However, each claw machine still rewarded the correct set of plushies and no white Elephant Plushies could actually be won. This glitch was later fixed.
- The regular plushie version of this game will often display unreleased plushies inside the machine even though they cannot actually be won from the machine.
|Click Expand to view|