If a Jammer says a swear in-game, a notice (like the one on the right) will appear. On the screen of any bystanders, after the swear appears for a second, the Jammer will instantly disappear (as if they had logged themselves off). On the screen of the offender, the notice shown above will appear. On clicking "Rules", the player is redirected to the rules page. After confirming they have familiarized themselves with the rules by clicking "Okay", the player is taken to the home screen. If they attempt to log in again, a notice will appear saying that the player has been suspended and will be unable to login at this time.
In some instances, a Jammer may get away with causing infractions in-game, but later get suspended. If the player tries to log on, a notice will come up saying the account is suspended. A message is also sent to that Jammer's parent's account. This typically occurs when the player is reported multiple times or traced by a moderator, as swearing and scamming are the only two that will immediately log a player off.
Reasons for Suspension
- Scamming - (Fraud, deception, tricking players into giving you rares, etc.)
- Bullying - (Teasing, threats, racism, sexism, ganging up, etc.)
- Being inappropriate - (Inappropriate language, inappropriate behavior, inappropriate den, inappropriate username)
- Sending rude emails to Animal Jam Headquarters - (Cursing, protesting violently)
- Personal Information - (E-mails, real-life location, phone numbers, Skype username, YouTube, etc.)
- Hacking - (Third-party programs, injection, etc.)
- Animal Jam Headquarters used to send a list of bad behavior to the connected parent e-mail upon suspension.
- If a lot of other players report the same player for the same reason, that player will continue to stay on, but the next time the player logs in, there will be a notice saying that he or she is suspended for twenty-four hours.
- From the start of May 2014, Animal Jam Headquarters made a new punishment for the use of bad language. Instead of being banned, the player's chat converts to either Bubble Chat or Restricted Chat, which can last for between 24 hours to seven days.
- A player can be permanently banned for membership transaction failure, though AJHQ did not mean to do this.
- A player can also be permanently banned if making sexist, racist or offensive comments.
- Another punishment (circa May, 2014) if a player is caught scamming, the player's gifting and trading systems will be restricted for 24 hours to 7 days.