Not to be confused with the Custom Spiked Collar, Blackout Spiked Collar, Rainbow Spiked Collar, Magenta Spiked Collar, Solid Gold Spiked Collar, Diamond Spiked Collar, Double Spiked Collar, Mystical Spiked Collar, Neon Spiked Collar, and the Striped Spiked Collar. For other Spiked Sale variants, see Spiked Sale.
The Spiked Collar is a members-only land clothing item. On August 8, 2013, the "Long" style was released in the Diamond Shop, and it later returned during October 16–18, 2015, as a weekend-only special. During June 23–26, 2016, the "Short" style was released in the Diamond Shop as part of the Spiked Sale.
The Spiked Collar consists of spikes attached to a circular band worn around the neck. "Long" Spiked Collars have a pattern of alternating large spikes and small spikes, but "Short" Spiked Collars only have one size of spikes. There are eight different color versions of each type (non-rare "Long", non-rare "Short") and two rare variants for a total of eighteen varieties.
- These are based on the original Rare Spiked Collars that were released as part of the Monthly Member Gifts.
- Unlike the monthly membership gift Rare Spiked Collars on which they are based, these Spiked Collar varieties do not provide any extra damage when worn in the Adventures.
- The non-rare "Long" Spiked Collars (along with one of the non-rare "Short" Spiked Collars) are the only variants in which the spikes and the neckband share the same color.
- Unlike the "Long" varieties, the non-rare "Short" Spiked Collars have a light blue tint on the spikes.
- Spiked Collars and Spiked Wristbands have more color varieties than most other items.
- Many Jammers refer to this item as the "Spike" or "Diamond Spike" instead of its actual name.
- There is a very similar item called the Custom Spiked Collar, the primary difference being that it has two-tone spikes.
- This item is very similar to the Studded Collar.
- This item has an underwater counterpart called the Diamond Spiked Collar.
- The Mystical, Tattered, Neon, and Striped Spiked Collars are based on this item and were released on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
- The "Long" Rare Spiked Collar sold during the 2018 Spiked Sale has a similar color palette to the Club Geoz Hat and Headphones.
- The mobile app Animal Jam Play Wild has a similar Spiked Collar item.
- In the "Animal Jam - Play Wild in National Geographic" commercial, a horse can be seen running through Jamaa with an unreleased brown "short" spiked collar.
- In Animal Jam - Play Wild, there is a den item counterpart to this, the Spiked Table.