This article either lacks images, has too few to be considered complete, or needs some of higher quality. You can assist Animal Jam Wiki by adding some.
The Spiked Collar is a members-only land clothing item. It was initially obtained as one of the Monthly Member Gifts during July 2011. On August 8, 2013, the "Long" style was re-released in the Diamond Shop with new colors, but have no longer been in stores since. During June 23–26, 2016, the "Short" style was re-released in the Diamond Shop with new colors as part of the Spiked Sale.
The Spiked Collar consists of spikes protruding from a circular band worn around the neck. "Long" Spiked Collars have a pattern of large spikes and small spikes, but "Short" Spiked Collars only have one size of spikes. There are eight different color versions of each type (non-rare "Long", non-rare "Short", rare "Long", and rare "Short") for a total of thirty-two varieties.
- The Purple "Long" Spiked Collar is not the same color as the Purple "Long" Spiked Wristband.
- The "Long" Spiked Collar was originally named Spikey Necklace.
- The "Short" Spiked Collar was originally named Spiked Necklace.
- The "Long" Spiked Collars have more vibrant colors than their "Short" counterpart.
- The non-rare "Long" Spiked Collars (along with one of the non-rare "Short" Spiked Collars and some of the Rare "Short" Spiked Collars) are the only variants in which the spikes and the neckband share the same color.
- The non-rare "Short" Spiked Collars have a light blue tint on the spikes, whereas the Rare "Short" Spiked Collars have a variety of different spike colors.
- Spiked Collars and Spiked Wristbands have more color varieties than any other items.
- Rare Spiked Collars, both "Long" and "Short", can be obtained in The Forgotten Desert adventure.
- Many Jammers refer to this item as the "Spike" or "Rare Spike" instead of its actual name.
- Along with non-rare Spiked Wristbands, the non-rare Spiked Collars came back in the Diamond Shop during October 16–18, 2015, as a weekend-only special.
- The mobile app Play Wild has a similar Spiked Collar item.
- When worn in the Adventures, the "Short" Spiked Collar does 16 damage and the "Long" Spiked Collar does 17 damage to destructible obstacles such as Phantom Webs as opposed to 10 damage normally.
- In the "Animal Jam - Play Wild in National Geographic" commercial, a horse can be seen running through Jamaa with an unreleased brown "short" spiked collar.
- In Animal Jam - Play Wild, there is a den item counterpart to this, the Spiked Table.
- There is a "glitched" solid magenta color of the "Long" and "Short" Rare Spiked Collars. This was confirmed by AJHQ (https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgOEvJh3jV/) to be a result of a glitch while returning items through the Item Recovery system.
- There is a very similar item called the Custom Spiked Collar, the primary difference being that it has two-tone spikes.
- Rare Spiked Collars were a possible prize from the Lucky Clovers Epic Treasure Chest in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- This item is very similar to the Studded Collar.
- Unlike the Rare Spiked Collars on which they are based, the non-rare varieties do not provide any extra damage when worn in the Adventures.