|Release Date:||November 29th, 2012|
The Snow Leopard is a members-only land animal. They can be purchased currently at the Diamond Shop, but were originally only obtainable through membership gift cards.
Snow Leopards have a snow-white underbelly, along with lilac leopard spots and pure white eyes when first obtained. They also have Rose-pink paw-pads, rose-pink noses, and rose-pink ear-insides. And, like some other animals, have their own special color for their markings.
- Sit- Sits with back paws folded and front paws in front.
- Dance- Does the tango.
- Sleep- Sleeps like a tiger, with a twitching tail and paw pads showing.
- Play- Jumps, then fights while doing a backflip. (This may be a reference to either Kung Fu or Tai Chi)
- Hop- Hops with tail going up and down.
- It is the third gift-card animal added into Animal Jam.
- Because of the Play Wild fund, where 40% of the money goes towards saving the real big cats, they were mistaken to be received by purchasing a wristband and not a gift card. The same was misunderstood with Lions.
- Snow Leopards are one of the few animals with exclusive patterns, alongside the Foxes, Raccoons, Tigers, Giraffes and Horses.
- Many Jammers believed Snow Leopards were Pumas at first.
- AJHQ announced in Jamaa Journal that they are a part of a Target-only Gift Card.
- At the moment, they are currently increasing in popularity.
- After you purchase one with diamonds, you can make another one for 1,000 gems, as you can do with every diamond shop animal and pet.
- The snow leopard is one of the few animals that uses a martial arts reference as an action.
- Along with some of the other diamond shop animals, there would be a rare purchasing glitch. The first couple of hours after they were added, players could buy them for 1,000 gems. This happened for the Hyena and the Arctic Wolf.
- Currently, they do not have a pet counterpart