Sky High is a single-player mini-game that was originally found in Coral Canyons and later added to the Sol Arcade. It was first introduced in September 2010 with the introduction of Coral Canyons just after Beta Testing. It can also be found in Jammers' Dens in the form of the Sky High arcade machine.
In Sky High, the player's goal is to reach the treasure at the top of all the clouds. The player starts at the bottom in the middle of a canyon and works their way up past the atmosphere into space by hopping on each cloud. The player can optionally collect Gems, which are resting on top of some clouds. There are also Phantoms floating on some of the clouds, and if the player touches a phantom or misses a cloud, the game is over.
This game rewards the Gems collected along the way even if the player does not reach the treasure chest at the top. Upon reaching the top of the game, the player is awarded an additional 100 Gems as well as a random non-member clothing item.
- Bow and Arrows (Rare and Non-rare)
- Butterfly Wings
- Candy Cane Crown (Ocean item)
- Candy Cane Tiara (Ocean item)
- Rare Scary Cat Hat
- Clover blanket (Rare and Non-rare)
- Dragon Mask
- Flower Necklace (Ocean item)
- Frankenstein Mask (Rare and Non-rare)
- Freedom Bunny Hat
- Freedom Hat
- Freedom Helmet
- Freedom Mask
- Freedom Wings
- Hat and Beard
- Hat and Curly Wig
- Head Feather
- Knight Helmet
- Lei (Rare and Non-rare)
- Lollipop Necklace
- Mech Angel Wings (Rare and Non-rare)
- Moon Necklace
- Pirate Sword
- Police Hat
- Rare Fox Hat
- Round Glasses
- Scary Bat Wings
- Scary Horns
- Shark Fin
- Spiked Hair (Rare and Non-rare)
- Star Cape (Rare and Non-rare)
- Star Glasses
- Turkey Hat
- Worn Blanket
There are five achievements that can be earned by playing Sky High:
- Bouncer! – Play Sky High 5 times
- Hopper! – Play Sky High 15 times
- Jumper! – Play Sky High 30 times
- Vaulter! – Play Sky High 50 times
- Treasure Chest! – Reach the top of Sky High.
- This game originally did not reward rare items; it wasn't until October 2011 that this was changed.
- If the player's avatar has wide eyes, they will sometimes disappear while playing Sky High. This happens often with foxes.
- The player's clothing items will disappear while playing the game, and will reappear when they reach the top.
- There has been a rumor that the less gems the player collects, the more higher-demand the prize will be. This has not yet been proven.
- Each animal jumps differently in this game, as they are based off of what the animal would look like when they hop outside of the game.
- Sky High can be directly accessed from National Geographic Kids website under action games. However, the only animal that can be used is the default version of the wolf, the gems are only collected as points, and there is no prize at the end.
- This game play concept is similar to the game/app "Doodle Jump".
- In the game, the phantoms' eyes are transparent instead of white.
- Sky High is the first mini-game to have a den arcade machine version that is available to non-members.
- There is a glitch where numbers appear instead of the "Ready, GO!" introduction. This glitch only occurs if the player starts playing Sky High in Coral Canyons. (e.g #10977 for Ready and #10978 for Go.)
- The game Sky High has a music theme the player can buy in the Music Shop for dens and is only available for members.
- It has a striking resemblance to AJ Jump.