Sky High is a single-player mini-game that can be found in Coral Canyons and later added to the Sol Arcade. It was first introduced in September 2010, with the introduction of Coral Canyons just after the Beta Testing period ended. It can also be found in Jammers' Dens in the form of the Sky High arcade machine.
The player's goal is to reach the treasure chest at the top of all the clouds. The player starts at the bottom in the middle of a canyon and works their way up past the atmosphere into space by hopping on each cloud. The player can optionally collect Gems, which are resting on top of some of the clouds. There are also Phantoms floating over some of the clouds, which, when touched by the player, results in the player getting electrocuted, thus ending the game. Similarly, if the player misses a cloud, the game is also over.
This game rewards the Gems collected along the way even if the player does not reach the treasure chest at the top. Upon reaching the top of the game, the player is awarded an additional 100 Gems as well as a random non-member clothing item.
These are some of the possible land clothing items that can be obtained:
These are some of the possible ocean clothing items that can be obtained:
|Candy Cane Crown|
|Candy Cane Tiara|
These are some of the possible rare clothing items that can be obtained:
|Rare Bow And Arrows|
|Rare Clover Blanket|
|Rare Fox Hat|
|Rare Frankenstein Mask|
|Rare Mech Angel Wings|
|Rare Scary Bat Wings|
|Rare Scary Cat Hat|
|Rare Spiked Hair|
|Rare Star Cape|
|Rare Head Feather (formerly)|
There are five achievements that can be earned by playing Sky High:
|Bouncer!||Play Sky High 5 times|
|Hopper!||Play Sky High 15 times|
|Jumper!||Play Sky High 30 times|
|Vaulter!||Play Sky High 50 times|
|Treasure Chest!||Reach the top of Sky High|
- This game originally did not reward rare items. This later was changed by October 2011.
- If the player's avatar has wide eyes, they will sometimes disappear while playing Sky High. This happens often with Foxes.
- The player's clothing items will disappear while playing the game and will reappear when they reach the top.
- Each animal jumps differently in this game, as they are based on what the animal would look like when they hop outside of the game.
- Sky High can be directly accessed from National Geographic Kids website under action games. However, the only animal that can be used is the default version of the wolf, the Gems are only collected as points, and there is no prize at the end.
- This gameplay concept is similar to the game/app "Doodle Jump".
- In the game, the Phantoms' eyes are transparent instead of white.
- Sky High was the first mini-game to have a den arcade machine version that is available to non-members.
- There is a glitch where numbers appear instead of the "Ready, GO!!!" introduction. (e.g #10977 for Ready and #10978 for Go.)
- There is a glitch where the Tiger's pattern is not there while playing Sky High. However, the tiger's pattern is there when it falls.
- The game Sky High has a music theme the player can buy in the Music Shop for dens and is only available for members.
- It has a striking resemblance to the mobile game AJ Jump.
- The background includes many minor decorations such as a vulture sitting on the side of the cliff, an eagle soaring above the canyon, a flock of birds flying through the sky, a hot air balloon floating in the wind, and a rocket ship blasting into outer space.
- When a player loses by hitting a Phantom, they will lose five of the Gems that they have collected. If less than 5 Gems have been collected, then the player will lose all of their Gems.
- The Head Feather was a possible prize in this game from 2012 through 2014, but it has not been seen in recent years and is assumed to have been removed from the prize list.
- Sky High is the opposite of Wind Rider.
|Click Expand to view|