This article either lacks images, has too few to be considered complete, or needs some of higher quality. You can assist Animal Jam Wiki by adding some.
The Sabertooth is a members-only land animal that was first hinted at on March 15, 2018, as a stone statue from the Temple of the Ancients in the land of Balloosh. That statue was later revealed to be a Sabertooth. It was released on April 12, 2018.
The Sabertooth's default coloring is a pinkish magenta and white with a slight pink hue. It has dark magenta stripes along its legs and back. Its physical appearance has a short head with two small ears, a wide nose, and large fangs hanging down from its mouth. It has a hunched back with broad shoulders and wide legs that extend down to three defined claws, the paws are large and bigger than average. Its waist is narrow and it has a short bushy tail sticking out.
|It sits like a normal cat, dog, or other mammals would.|
|It stands up on its hind legs and swings its arms from side to side in the air and then by its waist. Looks similar to "The Carlton" dance move.|
|It lays down and closes its eyes.|
|It jumps in the air then slashes its claws in midair.|
|It sees a butterfly and it starts fighting it, with a cloud of dust moving as they fight. Part of the butterfly's color depends on the animal's second color.|
- As an April Fools' Day joke, AJHQ initially announced this animal as the Tyrannosaurus rex on their Instagram.
- This animal was released for Animal Jam - Play Wild! on April 4, 2018, with the same name.
- The appearance of the sabertooth was first teased on the spring homepage, with a purple Sabertooth wearing a Spring Flower Crown.
- The Sabertooth Alpha is Fang.
- Using the round eyes on a Sabertooth causes them to appear white with a colored outline.
- The Sabertooth is the first extinct animal to come to Jamaa, with the second being the Direwolf.
- There is a line of Plushies based after the Sabertooth, they can be viewed here: Sabertooth Collection. The plushies could formerly be purchased from Jam Mart Furniture.
- When the Sabertooth dances in water, it appears to dance on to of the water.