|“||The Phantoms have returned and Bunny Burrow is in trouble! Nasty Phantom Pipes have polluted rivers and plants that the bunnies need for a healthy home. Help Liza clean up the rivers, rescue all the bunnies, and defeat any Phantoms you encounter along the way.||„|
|~ Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide|
The Return of the Phantoms is an adventure that was introduced on June 18, 2013. Initially, this adventure was for members-only, but on July 11, 2013, it became the first non-training adventure made available to all Jammers. The hard difficulty mode for this Adventure was released on July 25, 2013. Jammers must be at least Level 1 to play normal mode, and Level 2 to play on hard mode. The goal is to help save Bunny Burrow and to rescue four Bunnies who have been trapped in cages by the Phantoms.
- Liza will appear and start the quest, telling the player that the Phantoms have invaded the Bunny Burrow.
- There will be four bunnies available to talk to: Buster, Harvey, Binky, and Pumpkin. Only Pumpkin will trigger the next part, showing the player a cork, and telling them to plug the cork into the Phantom Pipe that's contaminating the water.
- The player must search for more corks to plug the rest of the Phantom Pipes; cleaning the river and wells. The corks will usually change places.
- Once clean, the player can use the water to revive the wilted plants that are scattered about. The player can also access treasures and Cookie, the fifth NPC.
- After watering the plants, Binky lets the player the Bunny Burrow to find George and Clover. Talking to Clover will reveal a Phantom Key, which unlocks a Phantom Door.
- The player must travel to the Phantom Door, unlock it, and then search for the trapped bunnies: Jack, Snowball, Oliver, and Daisy.
- After a brief chat with the trapped bunnies, the player must search for the four keys needed to open the cages. Along the way, the player will encounter phantoms that they can trap in the Chomper Plants.
- Once all the bunnies have been released, Liza will reappear and give the player a choice of five chests with different prizes.
Rewards On Normal Mode
- Top Left: Bunny Fence
- Top Center: Bunny Statue
- Top Right: Stone Circle
- Bottom Left: 500 Gems
- Bottom Right: Wheelbarrow
Rewards On Hard Mode
- Top Left: Rare or other random clothing item
- Top Center: 1000 Gems
- Top Right: Rare or other random clothing item
- Bottom Left: 750 Gems
- Bottom Right: Rare or other random clothing item
Prizes on the Arctic Wolf Gate (Normal and Hard)
Some prizes that can be earned in the Arctic Wolf Gate are:
|Rare Star Cape|
|Jolly Elf Hat|
|Heart Locket (Various Colors)|
|Knight Helmet (Various Colors)|
|Clover blanket (Various Colors)|
|Shark Fin (Various Colors)|
|Mech Angel Wings (Various Colors)|
|Necklace (Various Colors)|
|Spiked Hair (Various Colors)|
|Rare Spiked Hair|
|Dragon Mask (Various Colors)|
|Lollipop Necklace (Various Colors)|
|Tie (Various Colors)|
|Fancy Top Hat (Various Colors)|
|Star Cape (Various Colors)|
|Flower Necklace (Various Colors)|
|Hat and Beard (Various Colors)|
|Wreath Necklace (Various Colors)|
|Worn Blanket (Various Colors)|
|Pirate Sword (Various Colors)|
|Hat and Curly Wig (Various Colors)|
|Candy Cane Tiara|
|Candy Cane Crown|
|Bunny Hat (Various Colors)|
|Rare Scary Cat Hat|
|Turkey Hat (Various Colors)|
|Horned Leg Pads (Various Colors)|
|Moon Necklace (Various Colors)|
|Bat Glasses (Various Colors)|
|Freedom Bunny Hat|
|Butterfly Wings (Various Colors)|
|Head Feather (Various Colors)|
|Rare Bow and Arrows (Various Colors)|
|Fox Hat (various colors)|
|Rare Glove (various colors)|
|Old Blanket (various colors)|
- When handling Phantoms, the player should try to avoid them as much as possible, only attacking/getting into view when absolutely needed. If there are no more traps available, they should try to trap them by leading a Phantom into a spot in which it they would be unable to return to their original spot from. For instance, they could get a Phantom to chase them into a tree and quickly run around the tree so that the Phantom would run against it, preventing them from attacking the player.
- There are many gem-giving chests scattered around in hidden areas. (6 in all on Easy) The first one comes when the player reaches the entrance of the Bunny Burrow, before passing the fence. The chest is located downwards into the clump of trees, giving out 50 Gems (on Easy). The second one is located below the bunnies in the river, which awards 200 gems on easy. The next is near Cookie; it is located into the clump of trees next to her that gives out 400 Gems (on Hard). There is also a chest located down river by the third phantom pipe facing to the right, awarding 100 gems. (on Easy) If you continue following down the river, another chest will appear, rewarding 200 gems. (on Easy) The last chest is blocked by a group of rocks, and can only be accessed to the left side. A phantom is guarding the chest, and the chest will award 200 gems (on Easy) There are 1 to 2 more chests in Hard Mode.
- Players should play Hard Mode if they desire to obtain clothing items that have not been available in shops for a long period of time.
- In Normal Mode, a player can earn around 1,450 Gems, and about 1,650 Gems on Hard Mode. These numbers may not be precise.
- Players earn more courage points if they are with fewer people, assuming they do more of the adventure, and don't just sit back and wait until the end prize.
- The player should try to trap as many phantoms as they can in a logical order so that they don't have to run unnecessary time-consuming distances for chomper plants.
- On Hard Mode, the Phantom Keys are placed in different places, including one that is hidden right in a patch of purple flowers right by the cages of trapped bunnies. There are 2 (possibly 3) variations of the Hard Mode version in this map, making it more difficult for players to find the keys.
- In hard mode, if a player were to find all secret chest, use all the chomper plants, and picked the middle chest (which contains 1000 gems) they would finish the adventure with 2,750 gems.
- There are 5 "hidden" chests containing gems in this adventure. Two in forests, and others near rivers.
- Sometime in October 2015, the Bunny Burrow was updated with newer items that were originally released in the Spring Festival, Graham's Workshop, and other various adventures or parties.
- There is a rumor that claims that unlocking the bunnies in a certain order in Hard Mode will always get the player good items when claiming a reward from Liza. This rumor has been proven false.
- The 'rarity' of items given from the rewards from Liza seem to change every half-hour.
- There is a glitch that causes the Phantoms to appear invisible for one of the players, although the other players can usually still see the Phantoms.
- There is a glitch where the player can walk on the cave when they enter the Arctic Wolf Gate.
- There is a glitch where Liza either does not appear or is invisible at the start of the adventure.
- There is a glitch where the player cannot see the bunnies, but only their speech bubbles.
- There is a glitch that allows the player to use a flying animal on this adventure.
- There is a glitch where the player cannot see their hearts.
- There is a glitch when the player gets the key and is unable to open the Phantom Door or can't type.
- There is a glitch where the Phantoms won't attack the player and they can walk past them without being harmed.
- There is a glitch where the player cannot leave the adventure normally through the portal at the end or the "Exit Adventure" button, and the only way out is to refresh or log out.
- There is a glitch that the Phantom pipe will not disappear even the cork is plugged in.