|“||The Phantoms have returned and Bunny Burrow is in trouble! Nasty Phantom Pipes have polluted rivers and plants that the bunnies need for a healthy home. Help Liza clean up the rivers, rescue all the bunnies, and defeat any Phantoms you encounter along the way.||„|
- Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide summarizing the Return of the Phantoms.
Return Of The Phantoms is an adventure added in July 2013, and the first "real" adventure made available to play. Your animal must be at least Level 1 to play normal mode, with average prizes, and Level 2 for hard mode, with more phantoms and better prizes. The initiative is to help save Bunny Burrow, and to rescue four Bunnies called Jack, Snowball, Oliver, and Daisy, who have been trapped by the Phantoms.
WalkthroughWhen you start, Liza will appear and start the quest, telling you what you need to know, that the Phantoms have invaded Bunny Burrow. First time players should probably talk to all four bunnies (Buster, Harvey, Binky, and Pumpkin), though only Pumpkin will trigger the next part, showing you the cork and telling you to plug up the Phantom Pipe, contaminating the water. With that done, you must search for more corks to plug the rest of the pipes, cleaning the river and wells. You can walk in the clean river, giving you access to treasures, a plant, and Cookie, the fifth NPC. After completing your new quest and watering the plants, Binky the NPC Bunny lets you in her parent's den to find George and Clover, which was thought to be Binky's parents. Talking to Clover will trigger the Phantom Key for the Phantom Door to appear. After a brief chat with the trapped bunnies you search for four keys to open their cages. Along the way, you will encounter phantoms that you could trap in the chomper plants that Cosmo created. Liza will reappear and give you a choice of five chests with different prizes.
Rewards On Normal mode
- Top Left: Bunny Fence
- Top Center: Bunny Statue
- Top Right: Stone Circle
- Bottom Left: 500 Gems
- Bottom Right: Wheelbarrow
Rewards On Hard mode
- Top Left: Rare or other random clothing item
- Top Center: 1000 Gems
- Top Right: Random clothing item
- Bottom Left: 750 Gems
- Bottom Right: Rare or other random item
THESE ALWAYS CHANGE. Do not expect the exact items listed here.
Prizes on the Arctic Wolf Gate (Hard AND Normal)
Some prizes you can earn in the Arctic Wolf Gate are:
-Heart Locket (Various Colors)
-Knight Helmet (Various Colors)
-Clover blanket (Various Colors)
-Shark Fin (Various Colors)
-Mech Angel Wings (Various Colors)
-Necklace (Various Colors)
-Spiked Hair (Various Colors)
-Rare Spiked Hair
-Dragon Mask (Various Colors)
-Rare Bow and Arrows (Various colors)
-Lollipop Necklace (Various Colors)
-Tie (Various Colors)
-Fox Hat (Various Colors)
-Fancy Top Hat (Various Colors)
-Star Cape (Various Colors)
-Flower Necklace (Various Colors)
-Hat and Beard (Various Colors)
-Wreath Necklace (Various Colors)
-Worn Blanket (Various Colors)
-Pirate Sword (Various Colors)
-Hat and Curly Wig (Various Colors)
-Bunny Hat (Various Colors)
-Turkey Hat (Various Colors)
-Horned Leg Pads (Various Colors)
-Moon Necklace (Various Colors)
-Bat Glasses (Various Colors)
-Freedom Bunny Hat
-Butterfly Wings (Various Colors)
-Head Feather (Various Colors)
- Some say there are bunny codes (a pattern in rescuing each bunny) that gives you a better opportunity for a prize. However, this may not be true, for the actual "code" varies and player still get good prizes anyway. The best way to save the bunnies is to do it at random.
- When picking chests, the TOP RIGHT/TOP LEFT and the BOTTOM RIGHT usually gives items, while the two others normally give Gems. Suggestions would be the Top Right/Bottom Right for better items*. *This only occurs on Hard Mode.
- When handling phantoms, try to avoid them as much as possible, only attacking/getting into view when absolutely needed. If you run out of traps, try to trap them yourself by having them chase you into a spot they won't be able to return to their original spot from. For instance, you get a phantom to chase you into a tree, you run around the tree so they're running against it, and at some point they will give up on you. You are now free to go if you have trapped him in a way so you can easily avoid him.
- There are many gem-giving chests scattered around. There are also secrets: the first one comes when you run towards the bunny area, but run downwards into the clump of trees. There will be a chest with 200 Gems (on Easy). The next is right near Cookie; run down right into the clump of trees next to her and there will be a chest with 400 Gems (on Hard). There is also a chest if you go down river from bunny burrow. Follow the river until you find the chest.
- Play Hard Mode for better prizes (your animal must be level 2 or over).
- You can earn a total of about (may not be exact) 1,450 Gems on Normal Mode of the adventure, and about 1,650 on the Hard Mode of the adventure.
- You earn more courage if you do the adventure by yourself or with one other person. Additionally, try to trap as many phantoms as you can, in a logical order so you don't have to run back and forth for chomper plants.
- When doing Return Of the Phantoms Hard Mode as an Arctic Wolf, you get roughly 275+ Courage, as well as you can open the Arctic Wolf gate which holds many prizes!
- There is a glitch on this adventure when the phantoms are invisible. This usually happens to one person only.
- There is also a glitch where you can walk on the cave when you enter the Arctic Wolf Gate.
- Another glitch is where Liza does not appear at the start of the adventure, or is invisible.