Return of the Phantoms is an adventure that was added in July 2013, and the first "real" adventure made available to play. One's animal must be at least Level 1 to play normal mode, and Level 2 for hard mode. The goal is to help save Bunny Burrow and to rescue four Bunnies called Jack, Snowball, Oliver, and Daisy, who have been trapped by the Phantoms.
|“||The Phantoms have returned and Bunny Burrow is in trouble! Nasty Phantom Pipes have polluted rivers and plants that the bunnies need for a healthy home. Help Liza clean up the rivers, rescue all the bunnies, and defeat any Phantoms you encounter along the way.||„|
|~ Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide|
- Liza will appear and start the quest, telling the player that the Phantoms have invaded Bunny Burrow.
- There will be four bunnies available to talk to (Buster, Harvey, Binky, and Pumpkin), though only Pumpkin will trigger the next part, showing the player a cork, and telling them to plug the cork into the Phantom Pipe that's contaminating the water.
- The player must search for more corks to plug the rest of the pipes; cleaning the river and wells. The corks will usually change places.
- Once clean, The player can walk in the clean river, giving the player access to treasures, a plant, and Cookie, the fifth NPC.
- After completing one's new quest and watering the plants, Binky the NPC Bunny lets the player in her parent's den to find George and Clover. Talking to Clover will trigger a Phantom Key (which unlocks a Phantom Door) to appear.
- After a brief chat with the trapped bunnies, one searches for four keys to open their cages. Along the way, one will encounter phantoms that they can trap in the chomper plants.
- Liza will reappear and give one a choice of five chests with different prizes.
Rewards On Normal Mode
- Top Left: Bunny Fence
- Top Center: Bunny Statue
- Top Right: Stone Circle
- Bottom Left: 500 Gems
- Bottom Right: Wheelbarrow
Rewards On Hard Mode
- Top Left: Rare or other random clothing item
- Top Center: 1000 Gems
- Top Right: Rare or other random clothing item
- Bottom Left: 750 Gems
- Bottom Right: Rare or other random clothing item
THESE WILL ALWAYS CHANGE. Do not expect the exact items listed here.
Prizes on the Arctic Wolf Gate (Hard and Normal)
Some prizes that can be earned in the Arctic Wolf Gate are:
- Rare Star Cape
- Freedom Bands
- Jolly Elf Hat
- Heart Locket (Various Colors)
- Knight Helmet (Various Colors)
- Clover blanket (Various Colors)
- Shark Fin (Various Colors)
- Mech Angel Wings (Various Colors)
- Necklace (Various Colors)
- Spiked Hair (Various Colors)
- Rare Spiked Hair
- Rare Lei
- Dragon Mask (Various Colors)
- Lollipop Necklace (Various Colors)
- Tie (Various Colors)
- Fancy Top Hat (Various Colors)
- Star Cape (Various Colors)
- Flower Necklace (Various Colors)
- Hat and Beard (Various Colors)
- Freedom Helmet
- Wreath Necklace (Various Colors)
- Worn Blanket (Various Colors)
- Freedom Hat
- Pirate Sword (Various Colors)
- Hat and Curly Wig (Various Colors)
- Old Hood
- Freedom Wings
- Candy Cane Tiara
- Candy Cane Crown
- Bunny Hat (Various Colors)
- Rare Scary Cat Hat
- Turkey Hat (Various Colors)
- Horned Leg Pads (Various Colors)
- Moon Necklace (Various Colors)
- Rare Tiara
- Bat Glasses (Various Colors)
- Freedom Bunny Hat
- Butterfly Wings (Various Colors)
- Head Feather (Various Colors)
- Scary Horns
- Rare Bow and Arrows
- Pink Purse
- Fox Hat (various colors)
- Rare Glove (various colors)
- Silver Glove
- Round Glasses
- When handling phantoms, the player should try to avoid them as much as possible, only attacking/getting into view when absolutely needed. If there are no more traps available, they should try to trap them by leading a phantom into a spot in which it they would be unable to return to their original spot from. For instance, they could get a phantom to chase them into a tree and quickly run around the tree so that the phantom would run against it, preventing them from attacking the player.
- There are many gem-giving chests scattered around in hidden areas. The first one comes when the player reaches the entrance of the bunny burrow. The chest is located downwards into the clump of trees, giving out 200 Gems (on Easy). The next is right near Cookie; it is located into the clump of trees next to her that gives out 400 Gems (on Hard). There is also a chest located down river from the bunny burrow.
- Players should play Hard Mode if they desire to obtain clothing items that have not been available in shops for a long period of time.
- In Normal Mode, a player can earn around 1,450 Gems, and about 1,650 Gems on Hard Mode. These numbers may not be precise.
- Players earn more courage if they are with fewer people, assuming they do more of the adventure, and don't just sit back and wait until the end prize.
- The player should try to trap as many phantoms as they can in a logical order so that they don't have to run unnecessary time-consuming distances for chomper plants.
- There is a glitch that causes the phantoms to appear invisible for one of the players, although the other players can usually still see the phantoms.
- There is a glitch where the player can walk on the cave when they enter the Arctic Wolf Gate.
- There is a glitch where Liza either does not appear or is invisible at the start of the adventure.
- There is a glitch that allows the player to use a flying animal on this adventure.
- There is a glitch where the player cannot see their hearts.
- There is a glitch when the player gets the key and is unable to open the Phantom Door or can't type.
- A new bunny called Harvey, who gives hints about the phantom fortress, was added on June 10, 2015.
- There are 3 "hidden" chests containing gems in this adventure.
- Sometime in October 2015, the Bunny Burrow was updated with newer items that were originally released in the Spring Festival, Graham's Workshop, and various parties.
- There is a glitch where the Phantoms won't attack the player and they can walk past them without being harmed.
- There is a glitch where the player cannot leave the adventure normally through the portal at the end or the "Exit Adventure" button, and the only way out is to refresh or log out.