|“||The Phantoms have returned and Bunny Burrow is in trouble! Nasty Phantom Pipes have polluted rivers and plants that the bunnies need for a healthy home. Help Liza clean up the rivers, rescue all the bunnies, and defeat any Phantoms you encounter along the way.||„|
- Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide summarizing the Return of the Phantoms.
Return Of The Phantoms is an adventure that was added in July 2013, and the first "real" adventure made available to play. One's animal must be at least Level 1 to play normal mode, with average prizes, and Level 2 for hard mode, with more phantoms and better prizes. The initiative is to help save Bunny Burrow and to rescue four Bunnies called Jack, Snowball, Oliver, and Daisy, who have been trapped by the Phantoms.
WalkthroughWhen one starts, Liza will appear and start the quest, telling one what he/she needs to know, that the Phantoms have invaded Bunny Burrow. First time players should probably talk to all four bunnies (Buster, Harvey, Binky, and Pumpkin), though only Pumpkin will trigger the next part, showing you the cork and telling you to plug up the Phantom Pipe, contaminating the water. With that done, one must search for more corks to plug the rest of the pipes, cleaning the river and wells. One can walk in the clean river, giving the player access to treasures, a plant, and Cookie, the fifth NPC. After completing one's new quest and watering the plants, Binky the NPC Bunny lets him/her in her parent's den to find George and Clover, which was thought to be Binky's parents. Talking to Clover will trigger the Phantom Key for the Phantom Door to appear. After a brief chat with the trapped bunnies one searches for four keys to open their cages. Along the way, one will encounter phantoms that he/she could trap in the chomper plants that Cosmo created. Liza will reappear and give one a choice of five chests with different prizes.
Rewards On Normal mode
- Top Left: Bunny Fence
- Top Center: Bunny Statue
- Top Right: Stone Circle
- Bottom Left: 500 Gems
- Bottom Right: Wheelbarrow
Rewards On Hard mode
- Top Left: Rare or other random clothing item
- Top Center: 1000 Gems
- Top Right: Rare or other random clothing item
- Bottom Left: 750 Gems
- Bottom Right: Rare or other random clothing item
THESE WILL ALWAYS CHANGE. Do not expect the exact items listed here.
Prizes on the Arctic Wolf Gate (Hard and Normal)
Some prizes you can earn in the Arctic Wolf Gate are:
-Heart Locket (Various Colors)
-Knight Helmet (Various Colors)
-Clover blanket (Various Colors)
-Shark Fin (Various Colors)
-Mech Angel Wings (Various Colors)
-Necklace (Various Colors)
-Spiked Hair (Various Colors)
-Rare Spiked Hair
-Dragon Mask (Various Colors)
-Lollipop Necklace (Various Colors)
-Tie (Various Colors)
-Fancy Top Hat (Various Colors)
-Star Cape (Various Colors)
-Flower Necklace (Various Colors)
-Hat and Beard (Various Colors)
-Wreath Necklace (Various Colors)
-Worn Blanket (Various Colors)
-Pirate Sword (Various Colors)
-Hat and Curly Wig (Various Colors)
-Bunny Hat (Various Colors)
-Turkey Hat (Various Colors)
-Horned Leg Pads (Various Colors)
-Moon Necklace (Various Colors)
-Bat Glasses (Various Colors)
-Freedom Bunny Hat
-Butterfly Wings (Various Colors)
-Head Feather (Various Colors)
- When handling phantoms, try to avoid them as much as possible, only attacking/getting into view when absolutely needed. If you run out of traps, try to trap them yourself by having them chase you into a spot they won't be able to return to their original spot from. For instance, you get a phantom to chase you into a tree, you run around the tree so they're running against it, and at some point they will give up on you. You are now free to go if you have trapped him in a way so you can easily avoid him.
- There are many gem-giving chests scattered around. There are also secrets: the first one comes when you run towards the bunny area, but run downwards into the clump of trees. There will be a chest with 200 Gems (on Easy). The next is right near Cookie; run down right into the clump of trees next to her and there will be a chest with 400 Gems (on Hard). There is also a chest if you go down river from bunny burrow. Follow the river until you find the chest.
- Play Hard Mode for better prizes (your animal must be level 2 or over).
- You can earn a total of about (may not be exact) 1,450 Gems on Normal Mode of the adventure, and about 1,650 on the Hard Mode of the adventure.
- You earn more courage if you do the adventure by yourself or with one other person. Additionally, try to trap as many phantoms as you can, in a logical order so you don't have to run back and forth for chomper plants.
- There is a glitch on this adventure when the phantoms are invisible. This usually happens to one person only.
- There is also a glitch where you can walk on the cave when you enter the Arctic Wolf Gate.
- Another glitch is where Liza does not appear at the start of the adventure, or is invisible.
- There is a glitch that allows you to play as a flying animal on this adventure.