The Rare Fox Hat is a non-member land clothing item that is worn on the head. It was first released during Beta Testing and was formerly sold at Jam Mart Clothing until it was removed from stores in 2011. It was re-released in Jam Mart Clothing on February 20, 2012, as a Rare Item Monday. It later returned to Jam Mart Clothing again for another Rare Item Monday on April 29, 2013.
- It was originally sold for only 150 Gems, but its price was increased to 1,250 Gems during its 2013 release.
- On June 26, 2014, the Freedom Fox Hat was sold for 1,250 Gems at the Freedom Party. It is the first variation of the original fox hat and it is the only one that does not have a rare symbol.
- This can be won from Sky High and from various adventures such as The Forgotten Desert, Return of the Phantoms, etc.
- The Fluffy Fox Head is a similar item that was released at the 2016 Leap Year Party and seems to be based on the Rare Fox Hat.
- When worn by a playing Pig, there is a glitch where the pattern of the Rare Fox Hat changes to match that of the Fluffy Fox Head, with a different color on the tips of the ears and along the base of the mask.
- Similar to the glitch when worn by a Pig, there is another glitch where the pattern of the Rare Fox Hat changes to match that of the Fluffy Fox Head when worn by a Coyote.
- When worn by a Sheep or a sitting Raccoon, the tail of the fox hat levitates in mid air.
- When worn on a sheep, the tail of the hat wags up and down.
- This item has a counterpart in Animal Jam: Play Wild.