The Rare Fox Hat is a non-member land clothing item that is worn on the head. It was first released during the Beta Stage and was formerly sold at Jam Mart Clothing until it was removed in 2011. It was re-released on February 20, 2012, as that week's Rare Item Monday item. It later returned temporarily for another Rare Item Monday on April 29, 2013.
This is a hat made to look like a fox's head. It has two buttons for eyes, two large fox ears, and a bushy fox tail hanging off the back. It comes in eight varieties.
- This item was originally named "Fox Hat" but was changed to its current name sometime after its second release in 2012.
- It was originally sold for only 150 Gems, but its price was increased on its third release in 2013.
- On June 26, 2014, a Freedom Fox Hat was sold for 1,250 Gems at the Freedom Party.
- It is the first variation of the original fox hat and it is the only one that does not have a rare symbol.
- This can be won from Sky High and from various adventures such as The Forgotten Desert, Return of the Phantoms, etc.
- The Fluffy Fox Head is a similar item that was released at the 2016 Leap Year Party and seems to be based on the Fox Hat.
- When worn by a playing Pig, there is a glitch where the pattern of the Rare Fox Hat changes to match that of the Fluffy Fox Head, with a different color on the tips of the ears and along the base of the mask.