The Pet Kitty is a members-only land Pet. They were one of the first four pets to be added to Animal Jam. Like all pets, they are fully customizable, and can have accessories from the Pet Stop. They can be purchased for 400 Gems through the Choose a Pet menu, which can be accessed by clicking on the adoption icons found around Jamaa (such as those in Claws 'N Paws) or by creating a new pet through the Change Your Look page.
This pet has a large, angular head with a small body and short, stumpy legs. Its eyes can be customized as either round, drooping, large, eye-lashed, slanted, or arced. There are also four whiskers and tail combinations to choose from as well as four ear styles. The patterns available to this pet offer a combed hairstyle, a messy hairstyle, a regular widow's peak style, and widow's peak with light spots on the eyebrows.
- Clicked: They lick their paw, like they are giving themselves a bath.
- Dance: The pet stands on its hind legs and leans from side to side.
- Sleep: The pet rests its head on the ground and animated "Z"s float up from it.
- Hop: The pet hops high into the air.
- Play: A cat toy on a spring appears and the pet bats a paw at it.
These accessories can be found at the Pet Stop.
- Pirate Hat: A black tricorne-style hat is added on the pet's head. The hat includes a white skull printed on the front.
- Beanie: A small green Beanie is added on the pet's head.
- Witch Hat: A tall brown Witch Hat is added on the pet's head. The hat includes a brown belt and a golden buckle just above the brim.
- Tiara: A fancy white tiara, with green gemstone in the center, is added on the pet's head.
- Space Helmet: A giant glass globe is added around the pet's head. The helmet includes an orange neck piece around the base and a small antenna on the top.
- Top Hat: A black Fancy Top Hat, with a red band above the brim, is added onto the pet's head.
- Night Cap: A light-blue, pointed cap, which is decorated with paw prints, is worn on the pet's head.
- Spiked Hair: A dark-red Spiked Hair wig is added on the pet's head.
- Fancy Eyes: The pet's regular eyes are replaced with green eyes that have long eyelashes and blue eye-shadow.
- Glasses: The pet's regular eyes are replaced with a pair of glasses that show large white eyes.
- Eye-Patch: The pet's regular face is replaced with one that has a black eye-patch, eye, mustache, and goatee.
- Goggles: The pet's regular eyes are replaced by a pair of shiny bronze goggles that have a thick strap around the head.
- Blue Collar: A blue collar with a golden bell is added around the pet's neck.
- Red Bow: A large red bow is added around the pet's neck.
- Ascot Tie: A thin green ascot tie is added around the pet's neck.
- Pink Collar: A pink collar with a golden bell is added around the pet's neck.
- If the owner goes into water, the pet will do a doggy paddle with its front paws.
- If the owner hops while in water, the pet's paws will still be seen swimming while the pet's body is hopping.