For the pet counterpart to this animal, see Owl (Pet).
The Owl is a member land and flying animal, and can play The Forgotten Desert. Their arrival was hinted with a puzzle on January 8, 2015 and it was released February 5, 2015. The animal is purchasable in the Diamond Shop.
The main body is red with white feathers on the stomach and around the eyes. They have black, semi-circle eyes with a lighter colored pupil. The beak and talons are bright orange. Like the artwork, in-game owls have a tuft on their head.
Their markings are one of the unavailable colors, a shade of China rose, though they lack markings by default.
:sitNW: - Sitting in a slightly hunched position facing NW
:sitNE: - Sitting in a slight hunched position facing NE
:sitSW: - Sitting in a slightly hunched position facing SW
:sitSE: - Sitting in a slightly hunched position facing SE
:dance: - Opens right wing, then left wing, does this again once, spins head around, then spins body around.
:play: - Whirls head around as it slowly picks up speed until it gets dizzy and falls over.
:hop: - Flaps its wings up and down as it hops.
:sleep: - Sitting on the ground hunched over as it bobs slightly/snores before shaking softly as if snuggling into itself.
- It is the third bird in Animal Jam. (Penguins & Eagles)
- It is the second flying animal, after the Eagle.
- It is the first animal to be released after its pet variation.
- It is the first animal to be released in 2015.
- They have their own short, "Out On a Limb", much like other recent animals before it.
- Owls can play The Forgotten Desert.
- The Owl is almost the same size as the rabbit, possibly a bit bigger (if not counting the rabbit's ears).
- Because of their size, their speech bubbles are much higher than them, which sometimes results in confusion.
- Owls cannot turn their heads 360 degrees, only 180, a scientifically inaccurate mistake.
- Just like Eagles, Owls can only use flying pets.
- Like many of the animals, owls have a pet counterpart, the Owl.
- A rare spiked collar on an owl has more flatter spikes.
- They have their own Minibook.
- They were shown in the Special Delivery adventure. They were the first unreleased (at the time) animal to be put in an adventure.