For the pet counterpart to this animal, see Owl (Pet).
The Owl is a member land and flying animal, and can play The Forgotten Desert. Their arrival was hinted with a puzzle on January 8, 2015 and it was released February 5, 2015. The animal is purchasable in the Diamond Shop.
By default creation; its main body is red with white feathers on their stomach and around the eyes. They have black, semi-circle eyes with a lighter colored pupil. Their beak is bright orange as well as the talons. Like their artwork; owls in game have a tuft on their head.
Their markings are one of the unavailable colors, a shade of China rose; though they lack markings by default.
:sitNW: - Sitting in a slightly hunched position facing NW
:sitNE: - Sitting in a slight hunched position facing NE
:sitSW: - Sitting in a slightly hunched position facing SW
:sitSE: - Sitting in a slightly hunched position facing SE
:dance: - Opens right wing, then left wing, does this again once, spins head around, then spins body around.
:play: - Whirls head around as it slowly picks up speed until it gets dizzy and falls over.
:hop: - Flaps its wings up and down as it hops.
:sleep: - Sitting on the ground hunched over as it bobs slightly/snores before shaking softly as if snuggling into itself.
- It is the third bird in Animal Jam. (Penguins & Eagles)
- It is the second flying animal, after the Eagle.
- It is the first animal to be released after its pet variation.
- It is the first animal to be released in 2015.
- They have their own short, "Out On a Limb", much like other recent animals before it.
- Owls can play The Forgotten Desert.
- The Owl is almost the same size as the rabbit, possibly a bit bigger (if not counting the rabbit's ears).
- Because of their size, their speech bubbles are much higher than them, which sometimes results in confusion.
- Owls cannot turn their heads 360 degrees, only 180, a scientifically inaccurate mistake.
- Just like Eagles, Owls can only use flying pets.
- Like many of the animals, owls have a pet counterpart, the Owl.
- A rare spiked collar on an owl has more flatter spikes.
- They have their own Minibook.
- They were shown in the Special Delivery adventure. They were the first unreleased (at the time) animal to be put in an adventure.