|“||Mira was beautiful and kind and they were very happy together. She loved Zios deeply and often told him how talented he was, encouraging him to create.||„|
- Animal Jam Headquarters on Mira's personality.
|Alias:||Sky Mother or Guardian Spirit|
|Powers/Abilities:||Flight, caelumkinesis, and pyrokinesis|
Mira is the Mother and Guardian Spirit of Jamaa, according to the legends. She has not made an appearance in-game, however, if enough Jammers dance around the Fire Pit in Sarepia Forest, blue flames in the shape of Mira appear. It is unknown if this is her or not.
Mira is a giant heron (a Grey Heron to be specific with species) that has larger wingspan than the average heron and a large head curl. She has pale blue-gray feathers with, in some artworks, a few which are a pale teal. She has creamy-yellow stalk-like legs and a long beak of a similar color. It is unknown if this form is an illusion form.
In the Beta Testing version of the story, Mira was created by the Sky Father, or Zios, because of his loneliness. Mira soon fell in love with her creator and so did he. Together they created Jamaa and everything in it. However, when Zios left her (He may have died, broke up with her or disappeared. Not much is known to what happened to Zios), she became angry and upset, causing her tears to turn into the infamous Phantoms. It is not known what happened to Mira after the incident, however in the Jamaalidays of 2010, it was said that she spends her time creating the items of Jamaa.
However, over time the story has changed and can be read on the Daily Explorer and the Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide. It is now said that Zios and Mira were the guardian spirits of Jamaa, which meant they had the control over the spirits over the animals. Zios and Mira gave the Heartstones which was the talisman for each and every animal, a gift of freedom. However the gift of the animal's freedom soon came to bite the two lovers on the back, the animals began to mistrust each other and fight amongst each other. In this time between the wars between species, the Phantoms came from their dark portals. They took the Heartstones from the animals, which then trapped all the specific animal's spirits inside. When seeing this, Mira and her lover stepped in, firstly deciding to get leaders for the six remaining animals (Panda, Koala, Monkey, Tiger, Bunny and Wolf). When gathering these leaders who became the Alphas, Mira and Zios lead them into war with the dark forces. Zios was overpowered by the darkness of the Phantoms and they took him away through their dark portals, which Mira flew in after them. It is unknown what happened next, but it assumes the story will go on throughout the Adventures.
- The name Mira has multiple meanings both as a given name (Wikipedia) and a word (Wiktionary). As a word, it commonly translates to wonder or sight. However, as a name it could mean many things such as wonderful, peace, bitter, rebellious, light, or ocean.
- Mira is sometimes confused for a Blue Heron, but AJHQ has confirmed that Mira is actually a Grey Heron. This confusion might have originated from the Blue Heron boat that new Jammers once used to travel to Jamaa.
- Mira's Statue can be seen at the top of Jamaa Township.
- There are several den items that depict Mira such as the Mira Statue, Mira Waterfall, Ice Mira Statue, and the Chocolate Mira Statue.