The Masterpiece is a non-member land den item. It was released on May 26, 2016, and it can be purchased when any member submits a drawing at the Painting activity located in the Art Studio. Non-members are sometimes given the chance to make Masterpieces as well for a limited time; for example, they were given the opportunity during the Jamaalidays in December 2016.
This item is a custom art canvas with eleven different frames: No Frame (formerly Print Frame), Zios Frame, Stone Frame, Wood Frame, Silver Frame, Gold Frame, Mira Frame, Phantom Frame, Friendship Frame, and Lucky Frame. Though, some frames have been known to be available for a limited amount of time; whereas some are infinite.
- No Frame: When a Masterpiece is created with No Frame, it appears having light tan edges and a tan strip of paper taped to the bottom for the artist's username.
- Wood Frame: The Wood style consists of four strips of wood tied together by tan string with an engraved section on the bottom for the artist's username.
- Silver Frame: The Silver style has an ornate silver frame that is covered in swirling, leaf-like patterns with a shiny plaque on the bottom for the artist's username.
- Gold Frame: The Gold style consists of a golden frame that is decorated with wavy and sharp edges with a Nametag-like plaque at the bottom for the artist's username.
- Stone Frame: The Stone style consists of cracked stone tiles with swirl patterns with a rough-cut plaque at the bottom for the artist's username.
- Zios Frame: The Zios style has a golden frame with round protrusions on the sides that make the frame look similar to Zios. There is a simple plaque with a gold border at the bottom for the artist's username.
- Mira Frame: The Mira style has a very thin light-wooden frame on top of a stone-brick pattern. A statue of Mira is partially visible on the top, standing in front of what appears to be an arched and bumpy bush. Vines are wound around the wooden part of the frame with tiny yellow flowers. There is a simple plaque at the bottom for the artist's username.
- Phantom Frame: The Phantom style is a deep purple with what looks like Phantom Webs emerging from all sides. The webs surround the whole drawing. The username plaque is black with the username written in white.
- Friendship Frame: The Friendship style is a pink frame that has a heart on all four corners. Roses are scattered on every side. This was sold during the Friendship Festival and is no longer available.
- Lucky Frame: It has two golden horseshoes at the top and the actual frame is gold with circles with clovers engraved into them at each corner. It also has little clovers all the way around the golden frame. The username plaque is golden and your username is engraved in a darker gold.
- Despite being a non-member item and having no members lock in creation, they could originally only be created by Members. However, all Jammers were granted the ability to make them during the 2016 Jamaalidays.
- Instead of a regular Diamond symbol on the item, it appears in an inventory with a multicolored Diamond.
- If a Masterpiece is not accepted, the artist will receive a Jam-A-Gram regarding the disapproval, and Diamonds spent on it will be automatically refunded.
- The item view of this has a magnifying glass button in the top right corner of the item that can be clicked to see a close-up view of the painting.
- Jammers cannot gift or trade their Masterpiece until it has been reviewed and approved by AJHQ.
- Despite AJHQ saying that it can take up to two weeks for a Jammer's Masterpiece to be approved, it is normally a lot faster. Once approved, the Jammer will receive a Jam-A-Gram saying that their Masterpiece has been approved and is now available to gift, recycle, and trade.
- Unlike the close-up views, the items themselves do not include a name-tag for the artist's name.
- The nametag in the close-up view for other Jammers' Masterpieces can be clicked to open the Jammers' Player Cards.
- All Masterpieces can be recycled for 1,000 gems.
- As of August 4, 2016, Jammers can put their own Masterpieces on their Jammer Wall.
- When released, the No Frame option was titled as a Print Frame but was later changed.
- Jammers cannot edit or load another Jammer's .ajart file, which can be used to save a Masterpiece in progress.
- Sometimes it will not allow Jammers to upload a masterpiece.
- Initially, it was possible to upload a picture and use that for a masterpiece if the file's extension was overwritten to .ajart, but that is no longer available; thus, it says, "This masterpiece cannot be loaded." or a different pop-up message.