- For the pet counterpart to this animal, see Lion (Pet)
The Lion is a members-only land animal that was first released in October 2011. It was initially only available through a special Membership gift pack, but in May 2013, it was re-released at the Diamond Shop.
The lion is large and muscular. It has a broad grayish-purple mane, and a large mustard yellow body. Lions also have a tooth sticking out of their bottom jaw. They have deep green pupil-less eyes by default.
|Sit||Squishes down into a crunched sit (relatively similar to Tigers)|
|Dance||Steps from left to right then shakes|
|Play||Stands in an upright posture then roars. (sort of like Wolves)|
|Sleep||Rests head on its paws and snores|
|Hop||Leaps into air and tucks paws underneath itself resembling a tuck jump|
- Jammers who purchased this animal via the membership gift card received a 'special' type with the name "King of the Jungle", which is the real-life lion's nickname. This name is not available for Lions purchased with Diamonds. Special names were also given to the animals received from the Snow Leopard and Arctic Wolf gift cards.
- Lions were the first animal to come to Jamaa via a membership gift card.
- They are currently the biggest animal from the cat family in Jamaa, though in real life, the tiger is the biggest.
- There is only a male version of the lion, however a female lioness was seen on an Animal Jam coloring page alongside a lion cub.
- Many items seem to glitch through the lion's mane, primarily neck items and head items. This is most likely due to the fact that the lion has no visible neck, and that the mane gets in the way.
- They have a pet counterpart, the Pet Lion, which can be bought in the Diamond Shop for 3 Diamonds.
- Lions have what is thought to be the largest sprite for the Spiked Collar as well as the Studded Collar.
- Lions are officially back as of March 19, 2015.
- They have their own short called "Lion Flat".
- They have an animal passage, which only rewards the Slingshot, in The Phantom Portal.