The Koala is a non-member land animal that was first released on July 17, 2010. They were one of the first six animals in Animal Jam.
The koala is short and fuzzy, with huge furry brown ears with spirals indicating the ear's insides. The koala has two large black round eyes; a large, upside-down triangular brown nose; tan-shading around the eyes and a matching neck and stomach. The rest of the koala is light brown, and they stand up on their hind-legs.
They have traveled in the past, limiting player access to them. They left April 11, 2013 and returned on July 25, 2013.
When they returned, the most recent land, Kimbara Outback appeared. It has not been confirmed that it was the Koalas who have discovered Kimbara, but it may have been a coincidence.
|Dance||Waves arms right and left and then jumps, imitating the hula.|
|Hop||Sits then springs up. It is almost as high as a bunny's hop.|
|Play||Does a somersault, shakes ears, and then scratches neck.|
|Sleep||Sleeps facing sideways|
|Sit||Sits and leans head on one side|
- Its special plushies include a superhero mask, head flower, and mohawk added on to the original plushie.
- They are the first playable marsupials in Jamaa.
- Unlike Kangaroos, koalas' pouches are visible.
- There used to be a glitch where a player can obtain the koala while it was traveling.
- If a Koala wears a Sequin Bow, it will not appear on the player card.