The Kangaroo is a members-only land animal that can be purchased at the Diamond Shop. It was first released in June 2013 and was originally obtained as a promotional gift from 3-month membership gift cards that were sold exclusively in Australia and New Zealand. It was later released to the Diamond Shop on July 25, 2013, alongside the introduction of Kimbara Outback. They started traveling on September 17, 2015, but they later returned on August 4, 2016.
Kangaroos have lavender fur with a cream-colored underside, rose pink ear-insides and emerald eyes.
|Sit||Sits leaning back with paws on stomach and one foot up, as if leaning against something|
|Hop||Hops far up, does a back flip, and lands|
|Dance||Moonwalks backwards then jumps and turns into starting position|
|Play||Rolls back on spine and flings itself into a flip|
|Sleep||Is in the same position as sitting, but head is down and rocks slowly|
- There is a animated short video about them, called Kickin' It. This was the first animated short of the newer animals, followed by Cheetah, Deer, Eagle, Rhino, Hyena, and Otter.
- There is a Kangaroos-only gate in the Adventure, The Great Escape.
- When they dance, they walk backwards, while in real life, they cannot walk backwards, due to their stiff legs.
- The default does not have spots like the official picture.
- Member gloves appear on their hands, while non-member gloves on their feet. This excludes some rare gloves.
- Kangaroos are the second playable marsupial in Animal Jam, the first being the Koala.
- Despite the fact that female kangaroos have pouches, no animal in-game has a visible pouch.
- On July 21, 2016, it was announced that Kangaroos would return soon.
- If the Kangaroo is running with Scary Horns, the horns will jump in the air.
- The Kangaroo appears in the mobile game, AJ Jump.