Inactivity occurs when a Jammer has not been on Animal Jam for a set period of time.
After five or so minutes of not interacting with the game at all, a pop-up will appear asking if the Jammer is still there. After five minutes without clicking the OK button, another pop-up appears saying they have been logged out. Clicking the OK button will return the Jammer to the main 'Play Now' screen.
Buddy List Timeout
When a Jammer have been inactive for 30+ days, one of their buddies hovering their mouse over the Jammer's name in their buddy list sees the notice "Over 30 days." The buddy list timer also counts below 30 days. There is a glitch that the buddy list says "Over 30 Days" but they haven't been inactive for that long.
Gray Player Card
Finally, when a Jammer has been inactive for 170 days or more, their player card will turn gray. It will not show their animal, just the dark gray silhouette of a sitting tiger. Players will not be able to interact with them at this stage. Their den becomes locked, they cannot recieve Jam-A-Grams, and the Jammer Wall button is constantly loading. If a player is buddies with them, they are still able to be unbuddied.
- Inactivity can also be caused by a ban or by Animal Jam's servers going down.
- A gray card is not permanent; if the Jammer logs on, as they are able to, it goes back to normal.
- Sometimes, the pop-up informing the Jammer that they have been logged out can glitch and appear even if the player is interacting.
- There is a related glitch where the player's activity while viewing a shop window, such as clicking through the different pages and the different colors of items, will not be counted as actual activity and they will receive the inactivity pop-up after five minutes of viewing the shop window.
- The pop-up informing the Jammer that they have been logged out will also appear if the player loses the connection to the server.
- Sometimes the auto logout popup never appears and the player can remain logged into the game without any activity for extended periods of time.