The Headdress is a members-only land clothing item that is worn on the head. It was first released in Jam Mart Clothing sometime during November 2010. It then returned to stores the following year on November 8, 2011, but went on clearance before the 2011 Jamaalidays. It was discontinued by Animal Jam and has never returned ever since.
The Headdress consists of a patterned headband that covers the forehead and has a knob on either side. A cascading arc of many long and slightly tapering feathers are attached to the headband. Each feather has one color for the majority of its length and another accent color for the tip. The feathers start upright at the center of the headband and curve backward and bend down as they reach the sides. This item has nine varieties.
- A related non-member item, the Head Feather, was sold alongside the Headdress.
- The Rare Item Monday version was originally sold on October 22, 2012, in the Hot Cocoa Hut. This variation is mainly white, with light purple markings.
- When The Forgotten Desert was introduced, the Rare Item Monday version was available as a random prize for a short period, but was removed as a prize from the adventure shortly after.
- All of the original colors were given a "Rare" badge on November 19, 2015.
- It was assumed that the original versions of the Headdress would be returning for Rare Item Monday shortly after the "rare" tag was added to them, but they did not return.
- AJ-Support staff members have commented on The Daily Explorer numerous times to explain that Headdresses have been permanently discontinued.
- If a Goat wears a headdress, a Clover Tie will appear as a glitch with the identical color as the headdress.