The Rare Fox Hat is a non-member land clothing item that is worn on the head. It was first released during the Beta Stage and was formerly sold at Jam Mart Clothing until it was removed in 2011. It was re-released on February 20, 2012, as that week's Rare Item Monday item. It later returned temporarily for another Rare Item Monday on April 29, 2013.
This item appears to be a fox's head, with broad ears, button eyes, a tiny nose, and a relatively small tail on the end. It also has a path at the top of its head, and 2 pieces of string over it as if stitching it up, which varies in color. This item comes in eight various colors, nine if including the Freedom Fox Hat. All of the colors have a dull white tail-tip (excluding the white fox hat, which has a red tip, and the Freedom Fox Hat, which has a maroon tip).
- This item was originally named "Fox Hat" but was changed to its current name sometime after its second release in 2012.
- It was originally sold for only 150 Gems, but its price was increased on its third release in 2013.
- On June 26, 2014, a Freedom Fox Hat was sold for 1,250 Gems at the Freedom Party.
- It is the first variation of the original fox hat and it is the only one that does not have a rare symbol.
- This can be won from Sky High and on various adventures such as The Forgotten Desert, Return of the Phantoms, etc.
- There is a similar item that seems to be based on the Fox Hat; it is named the Fluffy Fox Head.