The Rare Fox Hat is a non-member land clothing item that is worn on the head. It was first released during Beta Testing and was formerly sold at Jam Mart Clothing until it was removed from stores in 2011. It was re-released in Jam Mart Clothing on February 20, 2012, for Rare Item Monday. It later returned to Jam Mart Clothing again for another Rare Item Monday on April 29, 2013.
The Rare Fox Hat is a cap made to look like a Fox's head. It has two button eyes stitched on with thread, two large fox ears, and a bushy fox tail with a striped tip hanging off the back. There is a small nick in one ear and some stitch marks on the top of the head. It has a pointy snout ending in a small, olive-shaped nose. It comes in eight different color varieties.
- This item was originally named "Fox Hat" but was changed to its current name sometime after its second release in 2012.
- It was a very rare item back in 2012 and the beginning of 2013, but the rareness of it decreased when it came out as a rare item Monday in 2013
- It was originally sold for only 150 Gems, but its price was increased on its third release in 2013.
- On June 26, 2014, the Freedom Fox Hat was sold for 1,250 Gems at the Freedom Party. It is the first variation of the original fox hat and it is the only one that does not have a rare symbol.
- This can be won from Sky High and from various adventures such as The Forgotten Desert, Return of the Phantoms, etc.
- The Fluffy Fox Head is a similar item that was released at the 2016 Leap Year Party and seems to be based on the Rare Fox Hat.
- When worn by a playing Pig, there is a glitch where the pattern of the Rare Fox Hat changes to match that of the Fluffy Fox Head, with a different color on the tips of the ears and along the base of the mask.
- Similar to the glitch when worn by a Pig, there is another glitch where the pattern of the Rare Fox Hat changes to match that of the Fluffy Fox Head when worn by a Coyote.
- When worn by a Sheep or a sitting Raccoon, the tail of the fox hat levitates in mid air.
- When worn on a sheep, the tail of the hat wags up and down.