The Deer is a members-only land animal. They came out December 5, 2013. They even had their own puzzle in the Jamaa Journal (November 7, 2013, Volume 103). As of October 2015, they were listed on the animals menu as 'Exploring'. They returned on December 3 of 2015. On March 31, 2016, it was announced that they would be traveling, again, but returned on December 15, 2016.
Their appearance is muscular, tall, and somewhat stiff. It also appears to have a long snout (nose). The default deer has no antlers and a nicked ear. They have light brown fur and a tan underbelly.
- Deer were released when the 2013 Jamaalidays started. This is possibly due to deer traditionally having a major role in Christmas (which the Jamaalidays are based on).
- If the spot pattern is used on a deer, the spots go all over the neck to the back like a real life Deer.
- The special plushies for the deer include a yellow deer with an Aviator Hat and a jet pack, a green deer with a hat and sled, and a blue deer on a wintry sled, wearing a gift box.
- It is possible the Deer's shaman is Sigurd, a shaman resembling a male deer, due to a statue of him located in the Chamber of Knowledge.
- Similar to the Eagle, their play option has to do with obtaining food.
- They have their own animated short like the Kangaroo, Cheetah, Rhinoceros, and Otters, named "Oh Deer".
- In October 2015, they were suddenly listed as "Exploring" and no longer available for purchase without any warning or explanation from AJHQ.
- Certain neck items clip through the Deer when sitting, such as the Right Friendship Necklace, Turquoise Necklace, Diamond Necklace, Spirit Amulet, and Clover Amulet.
|Click Expand to view|