Not to be confused with the Member Spin.
The Daily Spin is a feature on Animal Jam that randomly distributes Gems, Diamonds, and items. It occurs whenever a player logs on for the first time of the day. It was first released as the "Daily Gem Bonus" on July 7, 2011. Every year during the Jamaalidays, it is replaced by the Jamaaliday Gift Calendar.
When a Jammer logs on two or more days in a row, their multiplier for their earnings goes up by one. When that happens, the number of earnings they get is multiplied by their multiplier. The multiplier will go up to 3 but will not go further, even if the Jammer has logged in for more than 3 days. If the Jammer does not log on at all for one day, their multiplier will reset due to inactivity.
|Images of Prizes from the Spin|
This spin consists of sixteen panels: four 25 Gems panels, two 50 Gems panels, two 75 Gems panels, four 100 Gems panels, one 500 Gems panel, two Diamonds panels, and one Gift panel. Some of the possible gifts are as follows:
|Images of Former Prizes|
- According to the wheel shown, there is a 1 in 4 chance (or 25% chance) to win either 500 Gems, a gift, or any Diamonds.
- On December 15, 2011, the Daily Spin was replaced with the Daily Jamaaliday Gift for the remainder of the Jamaalidays. This tradition continued the following year with the Daily Jamaaliday Gift in 2012.
- Starting in 2013, the Daily Spin was replaced with the Jamaaliday Gift Calendar during the Jamaalidays instead of the Daily Jamaaliday Gift that was used in 2011 and 2012.
- On June 6, 2013, the blue 250 Gems panel was removed and replaced with a Diamond panel.
- On June 12, 2014, two panels that were previously used to reward 25 Gems were updated to reward Diamonds and the panel that had previously rewarded Diamonds was changed to reward a random non-member clothing item.
- On December 26, 2014, during the time of the Jamaaliday Gifts, the wheel glitched and the multiplier was set to 0 (therefore, the player does not receive any earnings).
- On March 3, 2016, the Daily Spin's selection of "rare prizes" was changed to actually include rare-tagged items from previous Rare Item Mondays and Adventures.
- This is one of the few free ways for non-members to earn diamonds, others include Jamaaliday Gift Calendars and Codes.
- On December 18, 2016, AJHQ confirmed in The Daily Explorer and a special Monday edition of the Jamaa Journal that there will be a special prize wheel similar to the Daily Spin called the "Member Spin" and it will be available to members only. This feature was announced to be released on January 1st, 2017.
- Even though the Daily Spin is for non-members, many of the rare gifts are members-only.
- After an update in February 2017, a button was added to the bottom of the spin advertising more Diamonds from the Member Spin.