Coral Canyons is a gorge-like land full of red dust and sandstone. It was released on September 9, 2010 (January 2015 for the Play Wild app), as a celebration after the Beta Days ended. It links to Sarepia Forest from a bridge that is slightly north and there is also a path to the Canyons Pathway in the south-eastern corner, which links to Crystal Sands.
This land has steep rock cliffs along the west side and sheer ledges of a canyon on the northeast side with a desert landscape all around. Along the east side is a small waterfall that flows into a small stream and then down into a pond at the south west corner. A stone step trail leads under the waterfall to the east, up along the edge of the canyon, west across a stone arch bridge, and then back south down the side of the cliff to form a loop.
- Coral Canyon Bridge - This bridge, often called the "unbreakable bridge", is the main group attraction in Coral Canyons. If two or more Jammers hop on it, the bridge will start to crack. As more Jammers join in hopping on the bridge, chunks of rock begin to fall and the cracks become larger. When most of the Jammers have joined the group jumping, eagles will appear below and fly out from under the bridge to flee the falling boulders. Animal Jam Headquarters has not officially denied the rumors about the bridge, but they have hinted that the bridge will never break.
- Art Studio - This place is located at the center of Coral Canyons in a small room that looks like a house on the outside. The Art Room is definitely a representation of the artistic bunny Alpha Peck. Inside, there are a variety of mini-games that all relate to coloring or painting as well as a shop that sells art-related items.
- Wild Explorers Tent - This is a tent located along the edge of the cliff along the right side of the canyon. Inside the tent there are educational materials such as printable science experiments and videos of the Wild Explorers series.
- Den Depot - This is a shop that only sells Dens. The store-front is embedded into the side of the cliff to the left of the unbreakable bridge.
- Royal Ridge - This is a shop that is only accessible to eagles, owls, falcons and toucans. Most of the items are for members only, with only one non-member item. The items sold are relatively expensive compared to other shops, and all royal-themed—hence the name Royal Ridge. It can be found up on the side of the cliff above the Den Depot.
- Epic Wonders - This shop has a generous amount of strange and mysterious items that change periodically. The items are quite expensive, all costing at least 800 Gems. It can be found in a cave behind the wall of water at the base of the waterfall
- Studio Corner - Located inside the Art Studio, this shop sells painting-themed items that are part of the Paint Studio Collection.
- Best Dressed - This game is located up some stairs to the right of the bridge that leads to Sarepia Forest. The game involves dressing up in a variety of clothing to compete in a fashion competition where Jammers vote for which animal is the best dressed.
- Long Shot - This game can be found at the edge of the pond that the waterfall flows into. It involves using the right timing to launch an armadillo as far as possible, bouncing on geysers and moles along the way.
- Sky High - This game is located on a ledge overlooking the canyons, just to the right of the unbreakable bridge. The game involves jumping on clouds and avoiding phantoms to collect gems and reach a treasure chest at the very top.
- Sssssnake - This game can be found just to the right of the waterfall at the edge of a cliff. It involves controlling a snake to eat mice without accidentally biting its growing tail.
- Swoopy Eagle - Located down some stairs just right of the unbreakable bridge, this game involves navigating an eagle through a narrow corridor of cacti.
|Click "show" to see a list of Journey Book features and their locations|
|“|| We all know that Jamaa is a magical land that is filled with fun and mystery. We have heard rumors and reports that throughout Jamaa, special and amazing things happen when Jammers gather.|
Reports have just come in of a “rocking” good time Jammers have had on the stone bridge in Coral Canyons...
|~ AJHQ on The Daily Explorer|
- It seems to be based on the famous Grand Canyon and the Sonoran Desert.
- There is a rumor that a long time ago Coral Canyons was underwater, since the name 'coral' is an underwater animal. However, in the beta days, the preview art of Coral Canyons did not look underwater.
- The rumor that if many jammers jump on the Coral Canyons bridge is not true. The assumptions after breaking the bridge is the group would arrive at an enclosure and receive an award. The bridge is a controversial topic; debates and fights are common among Jammers if spoken about.
- Coral Canyons has the second most number of shops, the first being Jamaa Township.
- On the first day or two of the Royal Ridge flying animal only shop's release, there was a glitch that allowed all animals to walk up to the top. This was patched quickly.
- If Jamaa Township is full, Coral Canyons is the next place that Jammers will be auto-transferred to, if available.
- The Den Depot was formerly the location of Coral Corner, a shop that once sold outdoor furniture and pottery. It was removed in July 2011 and for a period of time the location was barren, but the Den Depot was later opened in its place.
- In the Animal Jam: Official Guide, it is stated that it is based off the sahara, the gobi and the grand canyon.
- Coral Canyons is thought to be Greely's guardian land.