Bunnies, also called Rabbits, were one of the first six animals to be released in Animal Jam and are one of the most popular animals. Their appearance upon first being created is white with black and red eyes and a pink inner ear.
Bunnies by nature are quick, creative, and clever. Their personality is displayed perfectly by their Alpha, Peck. Bunnies can also be found in "Return of the Phantoms" in Adventures Beta, where the Bunny Burrow appears to be their home.
- The bunnies' "Play" action is an animation of them twirling their ears, causing them to hover or fly.
- Their "Dance" action allows them to break dance and jump upon their ears.
- When jumping, they bounce abnormally higher than the rest of the animals in the game given their size (the larger Tigers tie in height), giving them their signature "bunny hop".
- Their "Sleep" action involves a bunny relatively sprawled out in a slumbering manner.
- Their Photo Booth pose is them stretching up with floppy ears.
- There is a Bunnies Only Party that only bunnies may attend.
- In clans, bunnies are often used as kits, because of their small and cute appearance.
- They are also sometimes used as "apprentices" in clans, though it is more common with foxes and wolves.
- There is a bunny Alpha named Peck.
- Some people use bunnies to make dragon eggs, hatchlings and small adult dragons.
- Bunnies are quite common, and are normally used as kids or baby animals. They are also the most adopted animals in the Pillow Room.
- There is a bunny pet that you can only buy at the Bunnies Only Party.
- The Animal Jam mobile game Tunnel Town is about the bunnies of Jamaa.
- They are the second highest jumpers in Jamaa (the 1st being Kangaroos).
- They are one of the 6 animals that have a pet counterpart, along with raccoons, arctic wolves, tigers, monkeys, and foxes.
- They are also the only animal to have a pet counterpart for 400 gems, as the other five are only available in diamonds.