Battle for the Beacon is an adventure that is available for both member and non-member land animals of any level. It was first introduced on June 10, 2015, and it later returned on August 18, 2016, and then again on June 22, 2017, but is currently unavailable.
- The player spawns next to Greely in a small town area called the Hidden Hollow.
- The player is told to destroy all the phantom tubes, tubes that are part Phantom Sprouter and part Phantom Web, in either the Eastlands or the West Fields.
- Each phantom tube will spawn 4 Phantoms and they can be damaged and destroyed by repeatedly clicking on one, or by placing a couple boomseeds on one.
- When a phantom tube is destroyed, Earth Crystals appear in its place to reward the player. The phantom tubes in the first two sections of each side only drop 1 Earth Crystal when destroyed, but the phantom tubes in the last section at the end drop 3 Earth Crystals.
- The earth crystals that the player collects can then be used to purchase items at the Earth Crystal Shop, located next to the bunny Jewel.
- Once all the phantom tubes have been destroyed, the player will have to destroy the remaining phantoms left.
- After all the phantoms have been destroyed, all the chomper plants that need reviving must be watered.
- When the chomper plants have been watered, the player will have a short amount of time until the opposite side will be attacked and the player will then have to repeat what they previously did.
- When wearing certain items (such as the glove, sword, gauntlets, raccoon tail, stegosaurus tail, spiked collar or spiked wristband), it will affect how much damage is dealt to the Phantom Tube. Many of these items also change how attacking the tube looks visually, e.g. the diamond gauntlets will show a diamond gauntlet, the rainbow gauntlet will show rainbows, etc.
- The Earth Crystals earned in the adventure are saved even when the player exits.
- The Phantoms in this adventure can see much further than in previous Adventures. They are also smaller and slower compared to the phantoms in other adventures.
- There are twelve secret areas, six on each side, which contain treasure chests of 50 to 100 Gems. Only one secret area is available at a time in the section that is all clear. When a section falls under attack, the secret area that was open then closes off to new players. Once the area is clear of pipes, phantoms, and has all it's chompers revived, a different secret area in that section will open while it is clear. These can be seen on the mini map once the player has explored them.
Click Expand to view
- This is the first adventure where Jammers can revive chomper plants after they trap a phantom.
- This is the first adventure where Jammers can grow more boomseeds on the boomseed trees by using water pails.
- The boomseed trees at the end of each side are reset when the phantoms attack, even if they still had boomseeds; thus, a player must water it again for it to have boomseeds.
- If a boomseed is placed on top of a phantom tube, the phantoms spawned from the phantom tube will be destroyed.
- If a phantom gets destroyed, it will respawn in the tube they first spawned in, unless the tube is destroyed.
- During the time between phantom attacks, the player can cross any of the streams on the side about to be attacked. As a result, the player can end up trapped there when the phantoms actually attack.
- There is a glitch when the player levels up while in this adventure, afterwards each phantom pipe they destroy will cause their animal to glow and say "Level Up" again even though they are not leveling up.
- There is a glitch where a player joining with a tint (brown mud, red lava, blue frost, etc) will gain that same tint when running through the water of the adventure.
- There is a glitch where some chomper plants appear normal but actually must be revived with a water pail to continue the adventure.
- There is a glitch where a cork may remain available to pickup after the current area has been cleared.
- There is a glitch where the next area may be available even if the player has not cleared the current area of Phantom Pipes.
- If the player is standing in water on the previously cleared side when the phantoms begin their attack, they may end up stuck in purple water.
- There is a glitch in which a phantom tube may disappear when it has not been destroyed. When this glitch happens, only boomseeds can inflict damage on it.
- There is a glitch where when playing alone, the player is able to destroy phantoms with boomseeds, but when other players join the game, boomseeds no longer have an effect on them. When the additional players leave, the boomseeds are able to destroy phantoms again.
- There is a glitch that allows a player to get a phantom or group of phantoms 'stuck' behind a well to be destroyed with a single boomseed. This works as long as the player is on the opposite side of that well.
- There is a glitch where the player gets stuck in phantom water if they move to a corner of the phantom water.
- There is a glitch where Phantoms may spawn on the side that was just cleared when they are supposed to be spawning on the other side of the map.
- There is a glitch where the adventure communication freezes for a short period. This can result in the player's animal appearing to move on its own. This can also result in the adventure elements appearing to be frozen for a few seconds and then suddenly resuming like normal.
- There is a glitch where the player may move around for a short amount of time even after being put into a deep sleep by a phantom(s). The players appears to move around while in a frozen sleeping position, and can only pick up earth crystals or place boomseeds before respawning in the beginning area, though they may not have any effect.
- There is a glitch where one of the possible messages to receive and the players earth crystal balance are visible even after leaving the adventure. It is still somewhat connected to the adventure, as you you may see the message of jammers leaving as you similarly would in the adventure.
|Click Expand to view|