This article is about the animal. For the pet, see Arctic Wolf (Pet).
The Arctic Wolf is a members-only land animal that was first released in October 2012. It was originally only available as a promotional gift when redeeming specific Arctic Wolf Gift Cards that included a three month Membership. It was re-released on May 30, 2013 as one of the animals sold in the Diamond Shop.
The default coloring has maroon-pink ears, a white overcoat, and a light grey undercoat. The eyes are shaped like half-moons with white in the center and a black outline. This differs from the default artwork that shows a blue-grey overcoat, a white undercoat, and dark blue eyes.
- Sit - Sits much like a wolf, but taller and stronger pose with its tail raised.
- Dance - A more relaxed version of the hula.
- Sleep - Lays down in a loose curl position, head rested on front paws, chest rising and falling softly.
- Play - Rolls on the ground playfully, much like a dog; shakes out fur and rolls again.
- Hop - Hops up and down, tail bobbing and paws kicking out; seems almost like an in-place leap.
- They are related to common Wolves that are available to non-members; however, Arctic Wolves are much larger and have more fur, mostly on their chest, than normal Wolves do.
- Arctic Wolves in the game are larger than normal wolves, but in reality, they are smaller.
- Arctic Wolves are able to enter the Wolves Only Party, as they are a subspecies of the Wolf.
- Arctic Wolves have animal passages in Greely's Inferno hard mode and Return of the Phantoms in both modes. However, they cannot unlock the wolves-only passages.
- They are the 17th animal to be introduced in Jamaa, and the second animal released as part of a gift card bundle.
- Arctic wolves are missing the default "flat" eyes shown in the artwork, but the other animals in the game have them.
- The colors in the color palette for the Arctic Wolf are reversed, the top box being for the under coat while the bottom box is for the over coat.
- The default secondary color (for the outer fur around the neck and tail) is not one of the available color choices, and it is no longer available once it is changed. This is the same for the default eye color.
- There is a Giant Plushie of them sold at the Diamond Shop for one Diamond.
- There is also a pet Arctic Wolf based on these animals.
- When Tuxedo Jackets, Holiday Sweaters, Knitted Sweaters, and other shirts are worn, the items go underneath the Arctic Wolf's thick mane.
- Initially, players could only obtain an Arctic Wolf from an Arctic Wolf three-month gift card, and in addition, the Arctic Wolf they received will have the name "Arctic Wolf". When the Arctic Wolf was available to be purchased at the Diamond Shop, Arctic Wolf three-month gift cards could no longer be redeemed to directly get an Arctic Wolf, and thus, players now cannot obtain an Arctic Wolf with the name "Arctic Wolf".
- There is a glitch where the Cosmic Necklace shows the incorrect pendant when worn by an Arctic Wolf, but it displays correctly in the Change Your Look menu.
- The Arctic Wolf alpha's name is Juno.
- The Arctic Wolf has a group of plushies based on it called Arctic Wolf Plushies.
- There is a claw machine dedicated to the Arctic Wolf, The Arctic Wolf Claw, which was the first claw machine sold in the Diamond Shop for members only and also the first claw machine to have a new design.
- A giant Arctic Wolf statue serves as the animal shop in the middle of the Diamond Shop.
- The adventure The Hidden Falls only allows the Arctic Wolf, and its counterpart the Wolf, in the adventure.