In order to keep the wiki running relatively smoothly, certain expectations are made of anyone joining the wiki. Failure to meet those expectations will lead to warnings or blocks from the wiki.
See also: Animal Jam Wiki:Policy/Blocking Policy.
1. By using this wiki, you agree not to:
- Abuse, harass, threaten or intimidate other Wikia users; (Wikia's definition of harassment)
- Post or transmit any content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains homophobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct;
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person;
- Post any illegal or unauthorized content or use for any illegal or unauthorized purposes;
- Post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Wikia user;
- Post, upload, transmit, share, or store unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, "spam", or any other type of unauthorized solicitation;
- Solicit personal information from any user under the age of 18;
- Violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws and laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content); or
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
2. Don't edit anyone else's user page. If there is a problem, pass along your concerns to an administrator.
3. You are responsible for your own account. If someone else has used your account and has violated the rules of the wiki, any penalty that may have been imposed will not be lifted.
4. Do as instructed by moderators, administrators, etc. If you believe the request is unreasonable, remove yourself from the situation and contact a different member of staff.
5. Sockpuppeting is not permitted under any circumstances. Creation of alternate accounts (or 'alts') is permitted, providing an excessive number are not created and there is no more than one account per person on chat at a time. The difference between the two is simple: an alt is known to be an account belonging to another user - a sockpuppet pretends to be a different user.
6. Posting or passing on the personal information of any other user without explicit permission is strictly forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to: age, real name, address, contact information, or an image of a user in real life.
7. Act civilly and politely towards other wiki members. Rudeness, discrimination or bullying of any sort will result in consequences. Examples of potential bullying (especially when more than one apply):
- ☐ – There is an intent to defame (damage the reputation of) a target individual.
- ☐ – There is an intent to intimidate/terrorize a target individual.
- ☐ – There is an intent to humiliate (publicly shame) a target individual.
- ☐ – There is an intent to incite a harmful action against a target individual.
8. If links are posted to web resources deemed inappropriate, they may be removed, and the user responsible warned.
9. Do not create a contest or request a commission and then abandon it without notifying the users with a reasonable explanation. Active contests and commission requests are a promise to the participant(s) that you will fulfill your end of the deal, be it rewarding prizes or providing payment. If an active contest or commission request does not receive any update from its creator within one month, it will be counted as abandoned. Abandoning an active contest or commission request will be counted as an act of scamming, resulting in a block until the promise is fulfilled.