This list is derived from the named animal statues that are sold alongside the main Alpha statues. These animals have not made any appearances in the game apart from their statues.
|“|| In desperation, the guardian spirits of Jamaa searched other lands for six leaders who could wield the power of their entire species. They even looked to our world, and it was here that they found six extraordinary animals and brought them to Jamaa: Sir Gilbert the regal tiger, Cosmo the knowledgeable koala, Graham the inventive monkey, Greely the mysterious wolf, Liza the curious panda, and Peck the creative rabbit. These were six remarkable animals with different personalities, but they were united in their strength of characters and their respect for the natural world.|
Mira and Zios chose well, and these very different animals soon formed a family. To help in battle against the Phantoms, Mira and Zios gave the new leaders Alpha Stones, six special jewels that focused the strength and abilities of their entire species. With these stones, the six chosen animals became Alphas, the heroes chosen to save Jamaa in its darkest hour!
The Alphas set about making a plan that utilized each of their unique abilities to defeat the Phantoms. Once the plan was finalized, they joined the rest of the animals who had gathered together to face the flood of Phantoms before them. When the animals saw the magnificent Alphas, they felt their own bravery return. The Alphas felt the strength of the Alpha Stones flowing through them, and with many roars, howls, and cheers, they all stormed into battle.
|~ AJHQ on The Daily Explorer - Episode 4 - Taking a Stand|
The first six Alphas were said to be created by bringing extraordinary animals to Jamaa and giving them the Alpha Stones, which imbued them with great power. The purpose of these Alphas was to lead the remaining animals into battle so that the Phantoms would be driven out of Jamaa. It is unclear what the Alpha Stones actually are, but the Portal Crystal and the Lava Crystal were once called Alpha Stones, so that may be some indication. It is also unclear how Tavie came to become an Alpha, as Mira and Zios were the ones that created the first six Alphas before going through a Phantom Portal in Episode 5 - The Fight to Save Jamaa.
- The first alpha to be seen in the game was Liza, as the guide for New Jammers; however, this was later changed so that Peck would be the guide instead.
- They are said to come from Earth, according to Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide.
- They were originally called Shamans, but this changed in 2011.
- Originally, some of the land areas included statues for the Alphas (such as Sir Gilbert in Crystal Sands) and (Graham in Sarepia Forest), but these were removed when the lands were redesigned in 2011.
- Their statues are sold at The Chamber of Knowledge and the bronze versions were formerly sold at the AJ Birthday Party.
- Tavie is the only alpha to have a pet.