Phantoms, the main villains in Jamaa. As stated through an animated video, the Alphas come from a foreign land and came to Jamaa to help them with the Phantom war. They succeeded in ending that war, destroying a giant unnamed Phantom and driving out the surviving Phantoms. The Alphas seemed to have made themselves at home in Jamaa and protect it from any threats, including the return of the Phantoms. Because of this, the Phantoms see the Alphas as their arch-enemies and biggest threat, which is why their plan is to capture them to prevent them from aiding Jammers. The Alphas have also founded most townships across the lands of Jamaa and often seen as the representing them on cards or websites. Most of the common Alphas assist Players on Adventures.
|Graham||Monkey||Lost Temple of Zios|
|Sir Gilbert||Tiger||Coral Canyons|
- They are believed to come from our Earth, according to Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide.
- They were originally called Shamans. This stopped around the time more information about Alphas appeared. However, to this day many Jammers think that they are still called the Shamans.
- Their statues are sold at The Chamber of Knowledge and bronze versions are sold at AJ Birthday Party.
- There are currently no known alphas for the Polar Bear and Owl.
- Tavie is the only known alpha to have a pet.