Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Adventures are a series of challenges that were first introduced on June 18, 2013. The initial adventures can be played by all jammers, but most of them are for members only. The adventures tell the story of the Phantoms reappearance as antagonists in the world of Jamaa and the Alphas' efforts to defeat them. Jammers can win Gems and a variety of items by completing each adventure.
List of Adventures
Currently, there are fifteen common adventures and eight seasonal adventures. The common adventures are available year-round and can be accessed through the portals in the Adventure Base Camp, Ocean Adventure Base Camp, at the very top of the parties list, or by simply opening the Adventures list in the World Map. The seasonal adventures only appear during certain months each year and they are typically found at the top of the parties list.
Land Adventures (2013 & 2014)
- Training Grounds
- Return of the Phantoms
- The Phantom Portal
- Meet Cosmo
- The Hive (Members-Only)
- The Great Escape (Members-Only)
- Greely's Inferno (Members-Only)
- The Search for Greely (Members-Only)
Flying Adventures (2014)
- The Forgotten Desert (Members-Only)
Ocean Adventures (2014)
2-Dimensional Adventures (2016)
- Proving Grounds (Members-Only) (Discontinued)
- The Hidden Falls
- The Front Lines (Members-Only)
- The Phantom Badlands (Members-Only)
- Special Delivery (February - Valentines Day)
- Lucky Clovers (March - Lucky Day)
- Spring Festival (April - Easter)
- Battle for the Beacon (Usually to fill in the months without major celebrations)
- Graham's Workshop (Usually to fill in the months without major celebrations)
- Bitter Sweets (October - Halloween)
- Twists and Turns (November - Thanksgiving)
- Jamaaliday Rescue (December & January - Winter)
General Game-Play Instructions
- An Alpha (usually Liza, Cosmo or Greely) will appear at the start of each adventure to explain what needs to be done. They may also appear in the middle of the adventure to provide further instructions.
- Many of the adventures feature NPCs (Non-Player Characters) that provide details on the current adventure or hints about future adventures. These appear like regular jammer animals except that they have shorter names and an "AJ" badge on their name-tag.
- Many of the adventures feature Phantoms. They have a purple, smokey circle around them that shows jammers how far the phantom can see. If the player goes inside the phantom's circle, the player is in its sight and it will start chasing the player until the player escapes.
- The player can trap phantoms by luring them into special plants called Chomper Plants in the land adventures or Chomper Clams in the ocean adventures. In most adventures, each one of these can only be used once.
- The player can hide from phantoms by standing in tall grass in the land adventures or seaweed in the ocean adventures.
- The player can destroy phantoms using Boomseeds in the land adventures or Whirlpearls in the ocean adventures.
- The player can escape from phantoms by running or swimming far enough away from them.
- If a Phantom touches the player, they will lose Hearts. When all of the player's Hearts are gone, they will fall asleep and wake up at the nearest revive point with all of their Hearts restored.
- Some of the land adventures include plants that must be watered by carrying a water pail from a well to the plant.
- Many of the adventures include locks on doors and cages. These can be unlocked by finding Phantom Keys that are hidden around the map or dropped by defeated phantoms.
- Many of the adventures include destructible obstacles that block certain paths. Some of these, such as Phantom Webs and Phantom Pods, can be destroyed simply by clicking on them several times. The number of clicks required is dependent on the damage done, which can be increased by wearing Gloves, Swords, and other weapon/armour type items. Most of the obstacles can also be removed by using Boomseeds in the land adventures or Whirlpearls in the ocean adventures.
- At the end of the adventure, an alpha will appear (usually the same one that appeared at the start of the adventure) to congratulate the player and display five treasure chests. The player can choose only one of the chests to open.
In most of the common adventures (excluding Training Grounds), a player can join with up to three other jammers to complete the adventure as a team. The seasonal adventures can be played with up to fifteen jammers and, unlike the common adventures, the seasonal ones do not have to be finished as a team.
For most adventures, there is a Normal Mode and Hard Mode. Normal Mode has easier maps that are typically shorter while Hard Mode maps are often larger and more complicated. Hard Mode also includes more phantoms that move faster as well, but there are usually better treasure rewards to compensate for the added difficulty.
To level up, players must get plenty of Courage Points depending on each level. The player will need more courage points when they're on a higher level and less when they're on a lower level. Every 8th level (8, 16, 24) the player's animal gains another heart for its health bar. Levels 0 to 7 have only three hearts, levels 8 - 15 have four hearts, levels 16 - 23 have five hearts, and level 24 or higher will have six hearts. Every 5th level (5, 10, 15) the animal's level indicator on their name-tag will change shape. Levels 0 to 4 have a circle shape, levels 5 to 9 have a star shape, levels 10 to 14 have a diamond shape, and level 15 or higher will have a square shape.
An animal's health is represented by a bar of red hearts near the animal's picture and this will decrease from contact with Phantoms. These hearts indicate how much energy an animal has remaining and when they run out, the animal will fall into a deep sleep. The animal's health will return fully when they wake up again at a nearby revive point.
Courage Points (commonly abbreviated as CP) are the numbers used to level up. They can be gained by completing different actions in an adventure.
|Plugging Phantom Pipes||5|
|Breaking Phantom Obstacle (Pod, Web, etc)||5|
|Destroying Phantom Sprouter||5|
|Lighting Fire Drum||5|
|Unlocking Phantom Door||15-25|
|Opening Animal Passage||25|
|Defeating Phantom King||200|
|Collecting Green Gem Shard||3|
|Collecting Yellow Gem Shard||5|
|Collecting White Gem Shard||7|
|Collecting Blue Gem Shard||10|
|Collecting Purple Gem Shard||30|
In most Adventures, there will be one or more special passages that may only be opened by a specific animal. These animal gates have treasure chests inside that contain a clothing item. The gates include:
- Return of the Phantoms (Normal & Hard) - Arctic Wolf
- The Phantom Portal (Normal) - Fox
- The Phantom Portal (Hard) - Lion and Fox
- Meet Cosmo (Normal) - Tiger
- Meet Cosmo (Hard) - Koala, Raccoon, Tiger, and Elephant
- The Hive (Normal) - Elephant
- The Hive (Hard) - Horse, and Elephant
- The Great Escape (Normal) - Monkey
- The Great Escape (Hard) - Kangaroo, and Monkey
- Greely's Inferno (Normal) - Wolf
- Greely's Inferno (Hard) - Arctic Wolf
- The Search for Greely (Normal) - Phantom (via disguise)
- The Search for Greely (Hard) - Phantom (via disguise), Wolf, and Panda
- Bubble Trouble (Normal) - Dolphin
- Bubble Trouble (Hard)- Dolphin and Sea Turtle
- In Too Deep (Normal) - Shark
- In Too Deep (Hard) - Octopus, Dolphin, and Sea Turtle
- Turning The Tide (Normal) - Penguin
- Turning The Tide (Hard) - Otter
- Bitter Sweets (2014) - Pet Puppy, Pet Kitty, Pet Tarantula, Pet Bat, Pet Cheetah, Pet Joey, Pet Sugar Glider and Pet Tiger
- Bitter Sweets (2015) - Pet Puppy, Pet Peacock, Pet Kitty, Pet Bat, Pet Elephant, Pet Pony, Pet Tarantula and Pet Honeybee
- Twists and Turns (2015) - Polar Bear
- The Hidden Falls (Normal) - Arctic Wolf (Multiple)
- The Front Lines (Normal) - Tiger (Multiple)
- The Phantom Badlands - Arctic Fox (Multiple)
- Some weapon-type clothing items like Bow and Arrows, Slingshot, Nunchucks, and Crossbow do not provide extra damage to destructible obstacles.
- The Spartan Armor, though it has a sword attached to it, does not provide extra damage to destructible obstacles.
- The player can win betas and rares in the hard mode of many adventures.
- The featured Alphas in the current adventures are: Liza, Cosmo, Greely, Tavie, Sir Gilbert, and Graham.
- The only animals that have 2 passageways are: Elephant (Meet Cosmo and The Hive) and Wolf (Greely's Inferno and The Search For Greely).
- There is no Bunny, Seal, Deer, Giraffe, Rhinoceros, Crocodile, Hyena, Cheetah, Snow Leopard or Arctic Fox passages in the current adventures.
- An adventure named "TBA" appeared on September 18, 2014 for an hour only and seemed to be the unfinished version of Bitter Sweets released a few weeks early by mistake. Players could receive free random furniture items if they clicked the "Enable Cheat" info button in this adventure.
- There have been a number of glitches that could allow the player to be an underwater or flying animal in a land adventure, but most of these have been patched.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could quickly click the "Switch Animals" button when hosting an adventure, but this no longer works because now the button is grayed-out instantly when hosting an adventure.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could buy an animal from the Diamond Shop to switch to it while hosting an adventure, but this no longer works because the hosted adventure is canceled instantly when an animal is purchased.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could quickly click the "Switch Animals" button after clicking "Play!" but before the adventure started. This no longer works because now the switch animals menu cannot be opened when inside an adventure.
- There was still a glitch where Jammers could host a land adventure as an amphibious animal when underwater and then go to their land den to automatically switch into their primary animal. This type of glitch could cause a flying animal to appear in a land adventure or a land animal to appear in a flying adventure. This was fixed in a January 2016 update.
- In the October 2015 update, there was a glitch that caused all but one of a Jammer's animals to appear as level 1 even if they were higher level before. This was later fixed.
- There is a glitch that occurs sometime when the player exits the adventure: the adventure bar will still be visible with the "You did it! Adventure COMPLETE!" message at the top of the screen.
- In a 2015 update, all existing level 0 animals were raised to level 1 and new animals that are created become level 1 automatically. New Jammers still start with level 0 animals until they play the Training Grounds once.
- A January 2016 update caused a glitch where if a player types in any of the regular bubble chat phrases (the ones that are normally seen when not in an adventure) while in an adventure, they will be converted to a corresponding adventure bubble chat phrase. For example, typing "LOL" while in an adventure will be converted to "Help!"
- There is a glitch where if a player hosts an adventure, then goes to the den shop and previews a den, and then starts the adventure while inside the previewed den, the player's user interface will vanish. It will remain this way even if the adventure is exited and it can be fixed by either previewing a den again or reloading the game.
- There is a glitch where a flying animal is hosting The Forgotten Desert and after a while the player list interface will disappear. After this, the player will be left with the hosting adventure chat bubble, but this cannot be interacted with and will most likely only appear on the host's screen. The only way to get rid of this bubble is by reloading the game.
- There is a glitch where the picture for a treasure chest's reward may not appear when it is won.
- The highest adventure level required to be able to go on every single one of the adventures is a level 5.