List of Adventures
Currently, there are eleven different adventures.
- Training Grounds
- Return Of The Phantoms
- The Phantom Portal
- Meet Cosmo
- The Hive
- The Great Escape
- Greely's Inferno
- The Search For Greely
- The Forgotten Desert
- Bubble Trouble
- In Too Deep
Basic Gameplay InstructionsAn Alpha, usually Lisa, Cosmo or Greely (in the members only adventures) will prepare you at the start of each adventure. Phantoms will have a colored circle or ring of some sort around them. This shows Jammers what they can see. If you go in the phantom's circle, the phantom will see you and start chasing you until you escape. To trap Phantoms, you can lure them into special plants called chomper plants made by Cosmo the Koala Alpha. If the Phantom gets too close, the plant closes and the phantom is trapped and you earn 25 gems. If you are standing in tall grass, phantoms can't see you so you can hide and go around them without being caught! There will be stampedes and groups of Phantoms everywhere, trying to chase you, so you will need to do a lot of running and eventually lure all of them to a single plant. Remember, one plant can only trap one phantom. In the second adventure and more, you need to water and replenish the diseased chomper plants before defeating the phantoms.
Some Phantoms, typically in the lower level and easier modes, will stop chasing you if you've run away far enough. However, this is not always the case, depending on the place. As stated before, your best chance of escaping from them is to lure them to a chomper plant or flee to tall grass. If a Phantom touches your animal, it inflicts damage and takes away 1 heart. Losing all of your hearts will cause your animal to fall asleep. If this happens, don't worry. You don't lose any experience, gems, or progress. You can wake up and try again. Your animal will wake up at the last visited Revive Point. There will be some adventures where you will have to try over and over again, but don't let the difficulty stop you. Keep going! Don't be discouraged, and good luck!
You will team up with your friends and defeat phantoms. The first two adventures are amazing, and they are just the beginning! As more adventures are released, Jammers will join the alphas as they protect Jamaa from the wicked Phantoms. There are Non Player, or AJHQ animals, which can say some useful info and give you items to help on your adventure. Secret entrances can even be discovered by specific animals for special secrets, prizes, and surprises.
When you go to the Adventure Base Camp, you will notice some portals. One is for the Training Grounds to prepare you, the other ones at the top are for the Adventures, but as of January 23rd, the Base camp is an island with one Portal with all the adventures. Now the base camp is back to normal with all of the portals and such back although there is a new area only accessible by Eagles which can only be bought in the Diamond Shop. As of June 2014, a new base camp was added - the Ocean Base Camp. Adventure Awaits!
Inside every adventure, there is a different set up, and each new adventure is longer and more difficult. On each adventure there is a Normal Mode and Hard Mode, except for the Eagle only adventure. Normal Mode is released first and Hard Mode is usually released with the following update. Upon completing both modes, you get rewarded with the chance to pick a gift which could be gems or an item usually related to the adventure.
Training GroundsYou will start in the training grounds, just to prepare for the actual Adventure. Liza will teach you techniques and strategies to defeat phantoms. You have to get close to a phantom, trap four in the chomper plants, and sneak past them in the tall grass. After you finish the Training Grounds, you earn a little prize from Liza for doing so well.
The order of the adventure releases are as follows: The Training Grounds, The Return of the Phantoms (Easy), The Phantom Portal (Easy), The Return of the Phantoms (Hard), The Phantom Portal (Hard), Meet Cosmo (Easy), Meet Cosmo (Hard), The Hive (Easy), The Hive (Hard), The Great Escape (Easy), The Great Escape (Hard), Greely's Inferno (Easy), Greely's Inferno (Hard), The Forgotten Desert, Bubble Trouble (Easy), then Bubble Trouble (Hard). The Adventure Shop came out after Meet Cosmo (Easy) and before Meet Cosmo (Hard).
To level up, Players must get plenty of Courage Points depending on each level. You will need more Courage Points when your on a higher level and less when your on a lower level. Leveling up will give you a better chance at gaining better prizes and getting more Health Hearts. Every 8th level you pass grants you another heart. For example, at level 8 you will have 4 Health Hearts, at level 16 you will have 5 Health Hearts, and so on, so forth.
Courage Points (commonly called and nicknamed CP) are the numbers used to level up. They can be gained by defeating Phantoms, restoring plants, obtaining Gems, opening treasure chest and opening locked areas.
Health Hearts are the lives of the Adventures. When your health hearts run out you will fall into a deep sleep. They are normally destroyed by Phantoms but will return fully when the Player wakes up again.
In most Adventures, there will be one or more special passages that may only be opened by a specific animal.These Animal Caves have treasure chests inside that contain a clothing item or occasionally a rare. The Caves include:
- Return of the Phantoms (both modes) - Arctic Wolf
- The Phantom Portal (both modes) - Fox
- The Phantom Portal (hard) - Lion
- Meet Cosmo (both modes) - Tiger, Fox
- Meet Cosmo (hard) - Koala, Raccoon and Elephant
- The Hive (both modes) - Elephant
- The Hive (hard) - Horse, Elephant
- The Great Escape (both modes) - Monkey
- The Great Escape (hard) - Kangaroo
- Greely's Inferno (both modes) - Wolf
- Greely's Inferno (hard) - Arctic Wolf
- The Search for Greely (both modes) - Phantom (via disguise)
- The Search for Greely (hard) - Wolf and Panda
- The Forgotten Desert (both modes) - nonem
- Bubble Trouble (both modes) - Dolphin
- Bubble Trouble (hard) - Sea Turtle
- In Too Deep (normal mode) - Shark
- In The Phantom Portal adventure, if you are using a weapon, like a sword or glove, you do more damage to the Phantom Webs or pods, breaking it faster. When clicking it, it will appear in front of the web/pod. Items like bows and arrows, slingshots, nunchucks, and crossbows do not work. The spartan armor, though it has a sword attached to it, does not work either.
- In The Phantom Portal if you pick the purple monkey, Doris, last to save, you usually get a better prize on hard mode.
- You can get rares and betas in the hard mode of the Adventures.
- Slingshots can be obtained in the Hard mode of The Phantom Portal adventure.
- In the Meet Cosmo adventure, after you get the timber and rope, the Koalas will ask you to find a rose and moth for gems. Franklin the Koala will give you gems and CP if you plug all the phantom pipes.
- The Meet Cosmo Adventure is the first adventure to feature the Phantom Sprouter. Pipes that appear planted in the ground that spit out phantoms.
- Phantom Sprouters spit phantoms that spot you without walking into their vision bubble.
- In the 3rd Anniversary of Animal Jam, The Phantom Portal become an adventure for both members and non-members.
- Modes have currently been added to the Adventures such as Hard and Easy. For Hard-modes specific to some adventures, you can win "beta" clothing items instead of unique den items (e.g. worn blankets, pirate swords, etc.)
- The featured alphas in the current adventures are: Liza, Cosmo, Greely, and Graham.
- The only animals that have 2 passageways are: elephant (Meet Cosmo and The Hive), arctic wolf (Return of Phantoms and Greely's Inferno.), And Wolf. (Greely's Inferno And The Search Of Greely)
- It is actually possible to play adventures without enough/no levels. Make sure you're a member. First, host a party with an animal that has enough levels, Second swap to an animal that has no/not enough levels.
- There used to be a glitch where the eagles can participate in adventures, but the glitch has been removed with the introduction of The Forgotten Desert.