The Adventures are a series of challenges that were first introduced on June 18, 2013. The initial adventures can be played by all Jammers, but most of them are for members only. The adventures tell the story of the Phantoms reappearance as antagonists in the world of Jamaa and the Alphas' efforts to defeat them. Jammers can win Gems and a variety of items by completing each adventure.
List of Adventures
Currently, there are fifteen common adventures and eight seasonal adventures. The common adventures are available year-round and can be accessed through the portals in the Adventure Base Camp, Ocean Adventure Base Camp, at the very top of the parties list, or by simply opening the Adventures list in the World Map. The seasonal adventures only appear during certain months each year and they are typically found at the top of the parties list.
Land Adventures (2013, 2014 & 2017)
- The following Adventures are only playable by land and amphibious animals:
|Training Grounds||June 18, 2013||No|
|Return of the Phantoms||June 18, 2013 (Normal)
July 25, 2013 (Hard)
|The Phantom Portal||July 11, 2013 (Normal)
August 8, 2013 (Hard)
|Meet Cosmo||August 22, 2013 (Normal)
September 12, 2013 (Hard)
|The Hive||September 25, 2013 (Normal)
October 10, 2013 (Hard)
|The Great Escape||October 24, 2013 (Normal)
November 7, 2013 (Hard)
|Greely's Inferno||December 19, 2013 (Normal)
January 9, 2014 (Hard)
|The Search For Greely||March 20, 2014 (Normal)
April 17, 2014 (Hard)
|The Phantom Fortress||January 5, 2017||Yes|
|Storming The Fortress||April 27, 2017||Yes|
Flying Adventures (2014)
- The following Adventures are only playable by flying animals:
|The Forgotten Desert||May 15, 2014||Yes|
Ocean Adventures (2014)
- The following Adventures are only playable by underwater/ocean and amphibious animals:
|Bubble Trouble||June 12, 2014||No|
|In Too Deep||July 23, 2014||Yes|
|Turning The Tide||August 7th, 2014||Yes|
2-Dimensional Adventures (2016)
|N/A||Proving Grounds||August 4, 2016 (Added)
September 29, 2016 (Removed)
|The Hidden Falls||August 4, 2016||No|
|The Front Lines||September 15, 2016||Yes|
Note: The Proving Grounds adventure was discontinued.
|The Phantom Badlands||November 17, 2016||Yes|
|Special Delivery||January 29, 2015||(February - Friendship Festival)|
|Lucky Clovers||March 4, 2015||(March - Lucky Day)|
|Spring Festival||April 2, 2015||(April)|
|Battle for the Beacon||June 10, 2015||(Usually to fill in the months without major celebrations)|
|Graham's Workshop||August 20, 2015||(Usually to fill in the months without major celebrations)|
|Bitter Sweets||October 2, 2014||(October - Night of the Phantoms)|
|Twists and Turns||November 6, 2014||(November - Feast of Thanks)|
|Jamaaliday Rescue||December 12, 2014||(December & January - Jamaalidays)|
|New Year's Fortune||January 19, 2017||(January & February)|
General Gameplay Instructions
- An Alpha (usually Liza, Cosmo or Greely) will appear at the start of each adventure to explain what needs to be done. They may also appear in the middle of the adventure to provide further instructions.
- Many of the adventures feature NPCs (Non-Player Characters) that provide details on the current adventure or hints about future adventures. These appear like regular jammer animals except that they have shorter names and an "AJ" badge on their name-tag.
- Many of the adventures feature Phantoms. They have a purple, smokey circle around them that shows jammers how far the phantom can see. If the player goes inside the phantom's circle, the player is in its sight and it will start chasing the player until the player escapes.
- The player can trap phantoms by luring them into special plants called Chomper Plants in the land adventures or Chomper Clams in the ocean adventures. In most adventures, each one of these can only be used once.
- The player can hide from phantoms by standing in tall grass in the land adventures or kelp in the ocean adventures.
- The player can destroy phantoms using Boomseeds in the land adventures or Whirlpearls in the ocean adventures.
- The player can escape from phantoms by running or swimming far enough away from them.
- If a Phantom touches the player, they will lose Hearts. When all of the player's Hearts are gone, they will fall asleep and wake up at the nearest revive point with all of their Hearts restored.
- Some of the land adventures include plants that must be watered by carrying a water pail from a well to the plant.
- Many of the adventures include locks on doors and cages. These can be unlocked by finding Phantom Keys that are hidden around the map or dropped by defeated phantoms.
- Many of the adventures include destructible obstacles that block certain paths. Some of these, such as Phantom Webs and Phantom Pods, can be destroyed simply by clicking on them several times. Most of the obstacles can also be removed by using Boomseeds in the land adventures or Whirlpearls in the ocean adventures.
- At the end of the adventure, an alpha will appear (usually the same one that appeared at the start of the adventure) to congratulate the player and display five treasure chests. The player can choose only one of the chests to open.
If an obstacle is not destroyed in one hit, a number appears above the obstacle to indicate the damage done to it. There is also a small chance that an attack's damage will be tripled; this is indicated by the word "fierce" next to the damage shown. The default damage done by clicking is only 10, but wearing certain clothing accessories can boost the damage. Weapon accessories that boost damage by less than 10 can be worn together with any other weapon accessories to stack onto the damage boost. Weapon accessories that boost damage by 10 or more will also include a special animation for the attack, but if multiple accessories of this type are worn, the one that does the most damage will be counted and the others will be ignored. The following clothing can be used as weapons:
In most of the common adventures (excluding Training Grounds), a player can join with up to three other jammers to complete the adventure as a team. The seasonal adventures can be played with up to fifteen jammers and, unlike the common adventures, the seasonal ones do not have to be finished as a team.
For most adventures, there is a Normal Mode and Hard Mode. Normal Mode has easier maps that are typically shorter while Hard Mode maps are often larger and more complicated. Hard Mode also includes more phantoms that move faster as well, but there are usually better treasure rewards to compensate for the added difficulty.
To level up, players must get plenty of Courage Points depending on each level. The player will need more courage points when they're on a higher level and less when they're on a lower level. Every 8th level (8, 16, 24) the player's animal gains another heart for its health bar. Levels 0 to 7 have only three hearts, levels 8 - 15 have four hearts, levels 16 - 23 have five hearts, and level 24 or higher will have six hearts. Every 5th level (5, 10, 15) the animal's level indicator on their name-tag will change shape. Levels 0 to 4 have a circle shape, levels 5 to 9 have a star shape, levels 10 to 14 have a diamond shape, and level 15 or higher will have a square shape.
An animal's health is represented by a bar of red hearts near the animal's picture and this will decrease from contact with Phantoms. These hearts indicate how much energy an animal has remaining and when they run out, the animal will fall into a deep sleep. The animal's health will return fully when they wake up again at a nearby revive point.
Courage Points (commonly abbreviated as CP) are the numbers used to level up. They can be gained by completing different actions in an adventure.
|Plugging Phantom Pipes||5|
|Breaking Phantom Obstacle (Pod, Web, etc)||5|
|Destroying Phantom Sprouter||5|
|Lighting Fire Drum||5|
|Unlocking Phantom Door||15-25|
|Opening Animal Passage||25|
|Defeating Phantom King||200|
|Collecting Green Gem Shard||3|
|Collecting Yellow Gem Shard||5|
|Collecting White Gem Shard||7|
|Collecting Blue Gem Shard||10|
|Collecting Purple Gem Shard||30|
In most Adventures, there will be one or more special passages that may only be opened by a specific animal. These animal gates have treasure chests inside that contain a clothing item. The gates include:
|Return of the Phantoms||Arctic Wolf||Arctic Wolf|
|The Phantom Portal||Fox||Lion|
|The Great Escape||Monkey||Kangaroo|
|Greely's Inferno||Wolf||Arctic Wolf|
|The Search For Greely||Phantom (via disguise)||Phantom (via disguise)|
|The Hidden Falls||Arctic Wolf (Multiple)||N/A|
|The Front Lines||Tiger (Multiple)||N/A|
|The Phantom Badlands||Arctic Fox (Multiple)||N/A|
|The Phantom Fortress||Bunny|
|Storming The Fortress||Phantom (via disguise) (Multiple)||N/A|
|In Too Deep||Shark||Octopus|
|Turning The Tide||Penguin||Otter|
|Bitter Sweets(2014)||Pet Puppy|
Pet Sugar Glider
|Bitter Sweets (2015)||Pet Puppy|
|Twists and Turns (2015)||Polar Bear|
- Some clothing items that appear like weapons or include weapons (such as the Bow and Arrows, Slingshot, Nunchucks, Crossbow, and Spartan Armor) do not provide extra damage to destructible obstacles.
- The featured Alphas in the current adventures are: Liza, Cosmo, Greely, Tavie, Sir Gilbert, Peck, and Graham.
- The only animals that have 2 passageways are: Elephant (Meet Cosmo and The Hive) and Tiger (Meet Cosmo and The Phantom Fortress).
- The only animals that have 3 passageways are: Wolf (Greely's Inferno, The Search For Greely, and The Phantom Fortress) and Arctic Wolf (Return of the Phantoms, Greely's Inferno, and The Phantom Fortress)
- There are no Seal, Deer, Giraffe, Rhinoceros, Crocodile, Hyena, Cheetah, or Snow Leopard passages in the current adventures.
- An adventure named "TBA" appeared on September 18, 2014 for an hour only and seemed to be the unfinished version of Bitter Sweets released a few weeks early by mistake. Players could receive free random furniture items if they clicked the "Enable Cheat" info button in this adventure.
- In a 2015 update, all existing level 0 animals were raised to level 1 and new animals that are created become level 1 automatically. New Jammers still start with level 0 animals until they play the Training Grounds once.
- In a May 2017 update, all adventures that required Level 2 or higher were changed to being accessible at normal mode on Level 1. It also changed all hard mode adventures to be accessible at Level 2.
- There have been a number of glitches that could allow the player to be an underwater or flying animal in a land adventure, but most of these have been patched.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could quickly click the "Switch Animals" button when hosting an adventure, but this no longer works because now the button is grayed-out instantly when hosting an adventure.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could buy an animal from the Diamond Shop to switch to it while hosting an adventure, but this no longer works because the hosted adventure is canceled instantly when an animal is purchased.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could quickly click the "Switch Animals" button after clicking "Play!" but before the adventure started. This no longer works because now the switch animals menu cannot be opened when inside an adventure.
- There was a glitch where Jammers could host a land adventure as an amphibious animal when underwater and then go to their land den to automatically switch into their primary animal. This type of glitch could cause a flying animal to appear in a land adventure or a land animal to appear in a flying adventure. This was fixed in a January 2016 update.
- There is a glitch where if a Jammer were to host an adventure, if it clicked parties, then clicked Graham's Workshop, they would be able to change their animal.
- In the October 2015 update, there was a glitch that caused all but one of a Jammer's animals to appear as level 1 even if they were higher level before. This was later fixed.
- There is a glitch that occurs sometime when the player exits the adventure: the adventure bar will still be visible with the "You did it! Adventure COMPLETE!" message at the top of the screen.
- A January 2016 update caused a glitch where if a player types in any of the regular bubble chat phrases (the ones that are normally seen when not in an adventure) while in an adventure, they will be converted to a corresponding adventure bubble chat phrase. For example, typing "LOL" while in an adventure will be converted to "Help!"
- There is a glitch where if a player hosts an adventure, then goes to the den shop and previews a den, and then starts the adventure while inside the previewed den, the player's user interface will vanish. It will remain this way even if the adventure is exited and it can be fixed by either previewing a den again or reloading the game.
- There is a glitch where a flying animal is hosting The Forgotten Desert and after a while the player list interface will disappear. After this, the player will be left with the hosting adventure chat bubble, but this cannot be interacted with and will most likely only appear on the host's screen. The only way to get rid of this bubble is by reloading the game.
- There is a glitch where the picture for a treasure chest's reward may not appear when it is won.
- There is a glitch where the player can end up trapped in an Adventure if they start it from another Jammer's den and that Jammer then locks their den. When the player tries to go through the portal at the end of the Adventure or click the button to leave, it will say the den is locked and the player will remain in the adventure.
- There is a glitch in nearly all adventures where the player's animal might respawn still in the "sleeping" animation after losing all their hearts.
- There was a glitch in March 2017 where none of the Chomper Plants, Mecha Chompers, or Chomper Clams in the adventures would capture a Phantom, making some adventures impossible to complete. This glitch has since been fixed.